Andrewr05

Kids can't use computers...

This article about computer knowledge in todays society is pretty damn good.

LINK

I completely agree with everything the guy wrote, it is basically the same thing we experience with vehicles.

This article about computer knowledge in todays society is pretty damn good.

LINK

I completely agree with everything the guy wrote, it is basically the same thing we experience with vehicles.

*Cough* Reddit. 

When I read the article this morning, I almost cried at this part.

3YXfd.png

Edited by Onion

A lot of parts of that article just confirmed how stupid people are and how we should all be very worried.

A lot of parts of that article just confirmed how stupid people are and how we should all be very worried.

I was at Harbor Freight today and some random guy started talking to me about my car. The conversation progressed to how he was in China for a while and had to build his own hand tools out of just sheets of metal and forge them and weld them himself. He then made a remark about idiocracy resembling America today. Its scary how right that guy was...

...She re-evaluated her categorisation of me. Rather than being some faceless, keyboard tapping, socially inept, sexually inexperienced, network monkey, she now saw me as a colleague. To people like her, technicians are a necessary annoyance. She

This is why we're going downhill. Not only do people not know...but they don't care either.

Exactly Waco. So many people around OKC know I am smarter than everybody in thier building combined when it come to computers so even when walking into a business I have been asked to do IT work. The funny part is I know so little now days i find it remarkable I can't find many smarter than me.

It's human nature to only learn what is needed to survive. This article could have easily have been written 20 years ago about vcr's lol.

Such a good read :')

Makes me glad my dad raised me right,and not just with my computer skills but also with a DIY attitude that has me looking up information or trying to fix something myself.

• Like 1

Such a good read :')

Makes me glad my dad raised me right,and not just with my computer skills but also with a DIY attitude that has me looking up information or trying to fix something myself.

Summed me up as well. The figure out why it's not working and how to fix it, instead of just throwing it away or making someone else fix it.

Great article!

It reminds me of a party when a classmate told someone iPhone 5's specifications and a girl asked him:" Do you really know all that stuff?". The first reply that came in my mind was: "OMG, that's basic stuff.", of course I didn't say anything.

I'm always amused when someone at my school says that is interested in computer science and if I ask for computer specs I get X GHz Intel/AMD CPU and X GB Nvidia/AMD GPU.

I'm glad no one was good with computers in my family when I was a child and I had to learn all by myself. Internet and basic english knowledge(from video games) helped a lot.

Great article!

It reminds me of a party when a classmate told someone iPhone 5's specifications and a girl asked him:" Do you really know all that stuff?". The first reply that came in my mind was: "OMG, that's basic stuff.", of course I didn't say anything.

I'm always amused when someone at my school says that is interested in computer science and if I ask for computer specs I get X GHz Intel/AMD CPU and X GB Nvidia/AMD GPU.

I'm glad no one was good with computers in my family when I was a child and I had to learn all by myself. Internet and basic english knowledge(from video games) helped a lot.

My dad used to say he was good with computers in the early 2000s. Yeah, no. He said pentinium instead of pentium. :lol: