Sign in to follow this  
panjang110

23/24 inch monitor

my lg monitor is getting old and boring so after looking around for monitor i've come up with some 23 inch ips and a few 24 inch tn monitor. i will use it for gaming only so which one is better? ips or tn?

all of this model is within my budget range and the price difference is just around 5-10$ between each monitor

Dell U2312HM-IPS

Dell S2340L-IPS

LG IPS237L-IPS

Asus VS239NR-IPS

Philips Brilliance 237E4QHSD-IPS

Dell ST2420L-TN

AOC E2450SWD-TN

BenQ G2450-TN

Viewsonic VX2453mh

the only model i'e seen in person is the S2340L and IPS237L and i kinda like the edge to edge screen(altough there is still bezel inside the screen) cheapest ips is the asus and the cheapest tn is the BenQ.. so which one i should get?

Edited by panjang

I use the Dell U2312HM and I love it. Have had it for over a year now and never had a bit of problem with it. Gaming is just fine on it with the eIPS panel, no ghosting or anything of that sort. Little bit of color calibration, custom color profile, and you're set.

Prices for each monitor??

this is the current price from local dealer converted to USD

Dell U2312HM-IPS $169

Dell S2340L-IPS $169

LG IPS237L-IPS $181

Asus VS239NR-IPS $156

Philips Brilliance 237E4QHSD-IPS $180

Dell ST2420L-TN $169

AOC E2450SWD-TN $162

BenQ G2450-TN $162

Viewsonic VX2453mh $169

Edited by panjang

I've been using a Beno 2410 for the last 2 years and no problems, seems to be quite good.Don't know about the rest. :teehee:

I use the Dell U2312HM and I love it. Have had it for over a year now and never had a bit of problem with it. Gaming is just fine on it with the eIPS panel, no ghosting or anything of that sort. Little bit of color calibration, custom color profile, and you're set.

i haven't got a chance to see U2312HM in person but i like the fact that the AG coating is matte since i'm gaming in my living room where the lights never turned off, is it good for gaming? it's looks kinda office type monitor. not that i don't like the design but it's kinda dull looking....

I like the style of the U2312HM personally. Isn't flashy or over the top, just real nice and professional.

Never had an issue in any game, like I said. Fast action in Borderlands 2 doesn't present an issue at all, so if you play a lot of FPS games you'll be fine. The matte surface works out nicely, the menus are easy to adjust, and it's super lightweight thanks to the LED backlighting. It is a 1920x1080 screen and I had 1920x1200 before, and honestly, after over a year on the Dell, I don't even notice the slightly smaller resolution. Just an all around good monitor imo.

maybe i will check out the U2312HM, but i still got to find a dell reseller that keep one in stock... over here almost all reseller sell the S series only and the Ultrasharp is available online from dell. i really need to try it in person before buying it, i don't wanna end up buying something i don't like :wacko:  

after a few days scouring local shop for U2312HM i stumbled upon an Hp 25XI which is bigger and priced just a little more(basically the cheapest ips monitor for its size)...and i really like it, while the screen is glossy i can barely see any reflection. Hp must have done something to the glass for glare reduction.

priced at 240$ i will definitely buy this. while U2412M is just 20$ more but 24" vs 25" is a no brainer especially if the bigger one is cheaper... it comes with all the cable,and three years warranty. just need to clear a little bit more of my stuff for funding.. i'm 40$ short :)

Seems like you've already set yourself on the HP monitor, but if you haven't purchased yet you might want to take a look at the Asus VS24AH-P too.

It's a great monitor if you can find one in your locale.

Seems like you've already set yourself on the HP monitor, but if you haven't purchased yet you might want to take a look at the Asus VS24AH-P too.

It's a great monitor if you can find one in your locale.

asus monitor is hard to find here,the only thing available is either the priciest or the cheapest... and believe me asus is like corsair, it always get overpriced here because of the brand.

anyway, the only 24" ips asus monitor available here is the profesional series like the PA246Q and PA248Q which is way out of my budget