Two of my absolute MOST hated things to do to a car...

Andrewr05

Poke-y tires and horrendously ridiculous camber:

...and actually stupid camber levels should be illegal to drive down the road like that, not just because I don't like how it looks, but because it lessens the contact area of your tire to a stupidly unsafe level.

Edited by Andrewr05

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that a trend now? I cannot imagine how hard this must be on the rest of the car but mostly I would fear driving it at high speeds.

At first I thought it was a joke, thinking that this was a smashed car. Then I realized, oh heck, maybe he has an overweight girlfriend.

A good thing that it will never be developping in Quebec, as the provincial cops will sure kill it in the egg.

Also, I just love the ricer sound, motorboat on a robot :whistling:

Not only is it ugly, its far from being safe and is only good as a trailer queen. Driving down the road like that will end up causing an accident at the first serious dip in the road as the fender hits the tire. Not to mention killing $500+ worth of tires every few weeks. Im all for chopped and dropped but keep it in the fenders.  

I saw a few cars like that in the last few weeks. Around Tucson there was a lowered CRX with a negative camber on all the wheels, probably around 5 degrees or so. It also lacked a hood. Then around San Diego there were a couple other cars (another CRX and an Integra) that also had negative camber. Oh, and all of these were on highways... highways where the speed limit is 75MPH.

One time, I was in the GTI behind a slammed Honda so low that it was dragging frame on I95 at 75 mph and throwing sparks. I proceeded to drop it into third and high tail it out of there before being involved in a huge accident. I'd have laughed my ass off if the frame slammed into a pothole or something, though.