Sign in to follow this  
JJDARK21

weird screen artifacts or tearing? sli gtx 670

hi guys long time without posting so  my gtx  670 sli has been working good except that from some weeks now i have strange artifacts kind of a green and purple bar  on the left side of the  desktop  from time to time they come and go so i was kind of afraid that this was one of my cards that had problems  the artifacts dissapear when i reboot my pc so  i thought that i printscreen this issue so you guys could help me but after i did it i rebooted my computer so i could see the images  i found that  the images look like if everything is fine with my desktop  no strange artifacts nothing  i did alot of printscreens and not even one with the issue so guys could this be my monitor  its an old hans.g 27'' that i bought back in 2008 or my cable? or maybe a pcie bad slot? when i have the issue next time i will take pics with my phone so you guys can see this issue  thank you in advance

Does the issue appear when using only one 670? Is the bar solid all the way down or scattered? How long is the PC on before they appear?

Does the issue appear when using only one 670? Is the bar solid all the way down or scattered? How long is the PC on before they appear?

it appears when its on sli   and it appears randomly  i play bf3 or ps2 for hours without problem sometimes im just browsing and it appears out of nowhere  sometimes my pc is on for 5 hours straight and it doesnt appear  

Sounds like it may be a heat issue... Have you checked the GPU temps when the bars appear? And because the lines are a hardware issue they will not show on screenshots.

Sounds like it may be a heat issue... Have you checked the GPU temps when the bars appear? And because the lines are a hardware issue they will not show on screenshots.

im kind of a temp freak and always monitor my temps and temps have been fine 40c idle and not passing 65c  in load 

Have you tried using one GTX 670 to see if the streaks appear?

+1

I'd try and use each one alone for a decent period of time, and at different loads. One of your cards, whether it be the master or host, may be failing. (or maybe even a bad PCI-E slot or SLI bridge, if both cards ending up being fine)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

ill try that in these days also if i got the problem ill try to take a picture of it  with my phone

so i got the issue today and i was able to take pictures from my phone here they are  this was with sli enabledgxbp.jpg

0qx0.jpg

Yeah, I'd try each card on its own for a couple days and see if the problem continues with one or both of them before we try and think of more causes.