50" Plasma TV

Nerm

Just purchased this LG 50" plasma TV. I purchased it for movie/sports viewing in the media room. What do you all think about hooking it up to a gaming PC and also gaming on it. I have never gamed on anything larger than a 32" before so not sure how the picture looks, etc on larger screens when gaming.

We have a 60" plasma -- I've gamed on it many a times when we've had people over and wanted to LAN it up...lol. Things look AWESOME! The only thing you'll need is the ability to sit far enough away...

We have a 60" plasma -- I've gamed on it many a times when we've had people over and wanted to LAN it up...lol. Things look AWESOME! The only thing you'll need is the ability to sit far enough away...

With the room it will be in about the furthest I can get is probably 20 feet. The couch and recliner however are only about 10 feet.

10 feet away should be fine for gaming, but it'll be up to you and how well you can see everything. You may find aiming in FPS games even easier, especially online shooters.

I always sit close no matter how big the screen. Just like when I was a kid.

Plasmas look pretty crappy up close. :P

A few feet away is more than enough though.

I game on my 42" LCD. I've yet to figure out a good way to use a keyboard and mouse on the couch, but a 360 controller works well enough for anything but RTS and competitive FPS

• 2 weeks later...