New build. Opinions?

AllYourF0rt

Hey, I am thinking about building a new system the specs are as follows: Coolermaster Haf 922 Mid-Tower, Seasonic 660watt 80 Plus Platinum PSU, 8gb Corsair Vengence 1600 mhz cas latency 7 memory, AsRock Z87 Fataltiy Professional, I7 4770 Haswell, Samsung 840 Pro 256gb SSD, MSI 7970 Lightning BE GHZ Edition. All that for 1652$ off the Egg does that look like a good build for gaming? I also want to get an Overlord 27" 1440p monitor which can be OC to 120mhz refresh rate.

I put it in order for you. It makes it easier for me to see what you are looking at

Case: Coolermaster Haf 922 Mid-Tower,

PSU: Seasonic 660watt 80 Plus Platinum PSU,

Memory: 8gb Corsair Vengence 1600 mhz cas latency 7 memory

Motherboard: AsRock Z87 Fataltiy Professional,

CPU: I7 4770 Haswell,

HDD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb SSD,

Video Card: MSI 7970 Lightning BE GHZ Edition

hmm I think everytyhing looks good but how many games are you planning on playing. 256gb goes quick considering 20-30gb is the OS and stanadard apps. I would get like a 2TB hard drive on the side for your games. Also I never used that brand of monitor but do you want the 120 refresh for 3D or just smoother frame rate?

256gb is more than enough for me I had a 180gb ssd before on another build and I had plenty of room (I only have a couple of games at a time installed). I want the 120hz for smoother frame rate I don't care too much for 3d as of yet.

well I don't know how many games you are going to be able to get 120fps out of if you crank up AA and AF. You may want to consider 2 video cards in crossfire or SLI. speaking of Crossfire, I think ATi is on the verge of fixing its framerate issues. Also I would consider waiting until the 8000 series come out in Sept (anytime in Q3 really). Otherwise for $400 a GTX 770 is a better deal for FPS (I think). If you have $600 a GTX 780 is amazing!

edit: nvm I must have thought of something else. The 7970 is faster or the same in most games (vs 770) plus it has 6GB of Vram.

Well I won't be OC the CPU it's more than fast enough for my purposes. I had an Ivy Bridge I5 and the stock cooler worked fine but I probably will go with a 212+ cooler i've had one before and it worked well. Thanks for you're suggestions guys. Oh yeah I was looking at the 8970M and I heard it is just a rebranded 7970M with just a slightly higher core clock is that true and is it the same with the desktop versions?

the current 8000s are the Ms (moible) and the are rebanded. nvidia does the same things. I was talking about the true desktop ones. Nothing is really out yet about the new ATi cards. So it's hard to say.

I'll probably wait for the 8970 to come out as long as it isn't way too expensive. I'm still saving up my money for this build looking to get it in about 3 months or less. I like to shop around for a good while before I decide to get something.