I think the Forum is dying

lol... I do miss life with less responsibilities and more free time :lol:

Gotta love being a student, especially in Denmark. I get paid to go to college  :whistling: Next year I'll have classes 8am to 1pm. Rest of the day I can just goof off. Don't even have a girlfriend to maintain. Life is good!  :woo:

Well if you ask me, the problem is that nobody wants to have fun any more.  Back in the day, this place was jumping, IMO in large part due to the free wheeling, take no prisoners atmosphere.  There was a really cool sense of comradery. 

+1 I haven't been around for as long as you, but even during my time things have changed. We need more weird threads that derails  :ph34r: (in a positive way). The best example is still the peanut butter thread

I agree, when i started on here back in 2010 it was a very different place. We had miles of threads on overclocking and tweaking, that is largely gone; most threads now are on hardware selection, "modern" hardware is to powerful for the regular end user so the interest in overclocking is gone. That and even the number of regular end user buying desktops have diminished.

Overclocking was/is a fun and tricky process and there does not appear to be a "modern" equivalent, if you know what i mean; hardware is plug and play now and it has kinda taken the fun out of tech. You really have to dig deep to find the fun stuff now, and most of it is out of the reach of the regular end user. I mean modding a case is great... but its no where near as fun as carefully selecting hardware and tweaking each piece to play nice with the others, then pushing them to perform at high levels. And unfortunately modding cases is about the most exciting thing i have seen on the forum recently(no offense to mnpctech and the other modders, y'all turn out works of art) and thats not really something that most people have the time or interest to do. Sadly it follows that with the death of overclocking a forum dedicated to practicing its arts would slowly follow suit.

+1 I haven't been around for as long as you, but even during my time things have changed. We need more weird threads that derails :ph34r: (in a positive way). The best example is still the peanut butter thread

and that's not even the original PB thread.

:rofl:

No? Dang it. That was the one I was redirected to a year ago. Still a good laugh though. Would love to have seen all the graphs and stuff people made, but the links are broken...

No? Dang it. That was the one I was redirected to a year ago. Still a good laugh though. Would love to have seen all the graphs and stuff people made, but the links are broken...

The original one that started it all was quite a hairy thread.

The original one that started it all was quite a hairy thread.

rimshot.gif

I have a feeling PCs will make a rather nice return, once people start

catching on, to the fact, that apple is proprietress crap. 

And most people who own Apples think they are Gods because they

went the easy and expensive way with Macintosh

and made a crappy CD using garage band.

I just don't get it.  No thought goes into Apple.

Apple doesn't even have a competitive market.

Filthy filthy company.

I don't mean to be cast judgement or anything but the reason I don't come here more often in the blue color of the site. Kinda makes it hard to read for me and my eyes start watering if I try to read a long review. Thats why I go to other sites for their reviews like anandtech and techspot.