potatochobit

I think the Forum is dying

I remember when I joined there was a lot of interesting threads to post in. Now it's kinda just news and boring threads.

It's because hardnrg and I don't spam the forums anymore :lol:

But we did so with a grace and elegance, not like the spammers and trolls of today.

It's because hardnrg and I don't spam the forums anymore :lol:

But we did so with a grace and elegance, not like the spammers and trolls of today.

That's precisely why the two of you have so many damn posts. :lol: I think hardnrg was at 100 or so posts a day at one point, and you probably were too.

I've truthfully become more of a lazy lurker and this thread may push me to start being more vocally helpful with people (or just join the random chats)

That's precisely why the two of you have so many damn posts. :lol: I think hardnrg was at 100 or so posts a day at one point, and you probably were too.

Not really, back then posts in the Lounge weren't counted.  ;)

Not really, back then posts in the Lounge weren't counted.  ;)

Lounge posts still aren't counted (unless the latest forum update accidentally changed that?). But yes, nrg and I would always go back and forth as the day's top poster :lol:

(And I lost a few K of postcount in the big database crash).

Sweet heart.  It's apple computers.  They are the new proprietary garbage with higher screen brightness and no competitive edge.

The Apple is evil.

Read Sega Genesis. 

it was 212 posts in 24 hours I think...

these days I'm a SysAdmin at a datacentre and have a MacAir for work and generally use that for everything, along with my Nexus4... to be honest I haven't turned my "desktop" main rig on for a long time and barely use it because the 13+ industrial fans are too annoying even with them all on speed resistors and/or fan controller... it's like Dambusters

my next project computer wise is to shift my main rig from the Chieftec Mesh Bigtower (yeah the one I slaved away modding for a year or more, with bathroom workshop + paint booth, :lol: ) into a 5U rack case I already have... and make it as quiet as possible, but keeping the GTX260 SLI even though it's really old now... so gonna have a go at sticking the PA120.3 *INSIDE* the case, and probably do away with the second rad MCR-220, and maybe the second Laing D5 too.

project after that (or before that?) is to make a sound-deadening 19" rack for the PC, and also for my rackmount NAS, and for future rack expansion... but be able to have all the kit in my home office, instead of have a 1U enterprise NAS making a noise in the hallway in a LackRack :lol:

tl;dr : I got a real job, girlfriend and a real house ... each of which require/demand my time :D

p.s. wiped the dust of my gamma1 DAC + M^3 amp + K710 headphone set up (around ~

I haven't been posting anything on here on OCC in quite a bit but rest assured I always have the forum open in a tab.

This will always be my go to place for all tech related things! :D

I've noticed since this a load more random threads have been popping up :D

I've noticed since this a load more random threads have been popping up :D

Oops. :P

it was 212 posts in 24 hours I think...

these days I'm a SysAdmin at a datacentre and have a MacAir for work and generally use that for everything, along with my Nexus4... to be honest I haven't turned my "desktop" main rig on for a long time and barely use it because the 13+ industrial fans are too annoying even with them all on speed resistors and/or fan controller... it's like Dambusters

my next project computer wise is to shift my main rig from the Chieftec Mesh Bigtower (yeah the one I slaved away modding for a year or more, with bathroom workshop + paint booth, :lol: ) into a 5U rack case I already have... and make it as quiet as possible, but keeping the GTX260 SLI even though it's really old now... so gonna have a go at sticking the PA120.3 *INSIDE* the case, and probably do away with the second rad MCR-220, and maybe the second Laing D5 too.

project after that (or before that?) is to make a sound-deadening 19" rack for the PC, and also for my rackmount NAS, and for future rack expansion... but be able to have all the kit in my home office, instead of have a 1U enterprise NAS making a noise in the hallway in a LackRack :lol:

tl;dr : I got a real job, girlfriend and a real house ... each of which require/demand my time :D

p.s. wiped the dust of my gamma1 DAC + M^3 amp + K710 headphone set up (around ~