Sign in to follow this  
Pteroduck

WiFi keeps turning on and off

Did you try going into device manager, the device , properties,  power management and unchecking the box that says allow the computer to turn off this device to save power?

Does your laptop have a keyboard key for turning the wireless on and off?  Any chance that your key is malfunctioning or sticking?

it does but it doesn't work. I keep the bar there but unplugged under the hood

Maybe it doesn't work because it's malfunctioned?? lol

Who knows. I dont even know why I bother to keep on using this laptop. It's old as hell!
I'm just hoping the usb dongle is gonna help. Bought one off of newegg :rolleyes:

Who knows. I dont even know why I bother to keep on using this laptop. It's old as hell!

I'm just hoping the usb dongle is gonna help. Bought one off of newegg :rolleyes:

Damn, well if it doesn't I could send you mine just for S's&G's. But if it's still doing it, I guess it would likely be some kind of software problem

I see we have some hand models here on the forums. Keep up the good work and keep those hands lotioned up. Zoolander would be proud. Sorry off topic but I couldn't help it.!

Well turns out the card was poopy. All those years of use finally killed it :P

Nice, so you're using the USB stick right now?? Would you still be interested in trying my wifi adapter that I have so you can free up a USB port? (If so, feel free to PM me about it)