Mobile Phone OS. Which one do you use?

Mobile Phone OS  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which OS do you use on your phone?

• iOS
    • Android
    • Windows Phone
    • Symbian
    • Meego
    • Other. (Please State in comments)
  2. 2. What brand is your phone?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised by the number of Android votes. 75% of my friends that once had Android devices, switched to iPhone when their contract was up because they became fed up with Android. I thought Android lost its hype, so I figured there'd be more iOS and Windows votes.

I'm surprised by the number of Android votes. 75% of my friends that once had Android devices, switched to iPhone when their contract was up because they became fed up with Android. I thought Android lost its hype, so I figured there'd be more iOS and Windows votes.

What percentage of your friends are tech savvy though? I dont.fin it weird that the majority of votes are for android, the environment.that is more technical and customizeable.

What percentage of your friends are tech savvy though? I dont.fin it weird that the majority of votes are for android, the environment.that is more technical and customizeable.

Well I like my phone to be the opposite of my PC, simple and easy to use.

:withstupid:

My friends are a mixed bunch of tech-savvy and non-savvy. Like I said, I think the hype surrounding Android has just died down in the past couple years....whether it be because people realized they no longer want to futz around with tweaking it or because of the lack of app/games support compared to iOS. I think it's similar to Linux in a way - there are those that like having to tweak things, and then there is the majority of the population that's just looking for ease of use.

Still plugging away on my old Samsung Infuse 4G.  Have tried about every custom ROM for it, but back to GB for day to day.

I'll be changing out in the fall and I'm having a hard time picking a replacement.  I'm afraid I'll get one that doesn't hold up to the reliability and familiarity of my Infuse............

Yeah I'm on an Samsung Epic 4G (Galaxy S1) and I'm running a VERY stable and zippy gingerbread rom and I have no desire to upgrade whatsoever. New phones can't physical keyboard.

My friends are a mixed bunch of tech-savvy and non-savvy. Like I said, I think the hype surrounding Android has just died down in the past couple years....whether it be because people realized they no longer want to futz around with tweaking it or because of the lack of app/games support compared to iOS. I think it's similar to Linux in a way - there are those that like having to tweak things, and then there is the majority of the population that's just looking for ease of use.

Or for those like me who'd rather play N64 games than silly "mobile" games :lol:

Or for those like me who'd rather play N64 games than silly "mobile" games :lol:

Well I have a Vita for "true" mobile gaming.

For me, at this point, it's more about all the apps/games I've accumulated for iOS (over 1300) and now that most of my friends (and some family) have an iPhone, iMessaging.

Still plugging away on my old Samsung Infuse 4G. Have tried about every custom ROM for it, but back to GB for day to day.

I'll be changing out in the fall and I'm having a hard time picking a replacement. I'm afraid I'll get one that doesn't hold up to the reliability and familiarity of my Infuse............

Yeah I'm on an Samsung Epic 4G (Galaxy S1) and I'm running a VERY stable and zippy gingerbread rom and I have no desire to upgrade whatsoever. New phones can't physical keyboard.

With a bit of effort some dos games too. Used to have Grim Fandango at one point haha

i'm not proud of it but i have an older lg c900 quantum windows 7 phone that's still going and going like the energizer bunny, but it's certainly not all that,...when/if  it ever does die imma get the galaxy s4 or similar top o the line, state of the art whatever...

kwik edit: now that i've read puck, i'm thinkin "why not a blackberry?" ,...

Not 100% droid compatible so a lot less apps, hardware is not as bleeding edge, not as much customization, and camera isn't as good as the new top tier phones like iPhone 5 or GS4.

Nobody has it all perfect :lol:. For my use though, the pros outweigh the cons...battery life, killer keyboard, no crashes :).