Mobile Phone OS. Which one do you use?

Mobile Phone OS  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which OS do you use on your phone?

• iOS
    • Android
    • Windows Phone
    • Symbian
    • Meego
    • Other. (Please State in comments)
  2. 2. What brand is your phone?

Hi,

I recently purchased a new Lumia 920...And I'm really curious on what phones the users on OCC have!

Please comment your phone and opinion? I'm really interested! :)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all preference, but after owning multiple Android phones in all ROMs and flavors for the last 2-3 years(Evo 1, LG Thrill, HTC OneX, GS3, and every ROM from Froyo to JB in multiple flavors) I am back to BB with my Z10 and loving it. Their new gesture based BB10 OS is very slick - multitasks better then any Droid phone, and gets incredible battery life. I unplugged at 6:45 AM, was at work all day, browsed web/listened to music a few times throughout the day, and now its 61% at 12:36 AM. My Androids would be crying for a charger by 8pm with the same use. Also, I can sideload most android apks from the Play Store onto it thanks to the android runtime. The keyboard is miles ahead of IOS and Android and is one of my favorite parts of the phone...even better then my OneX with SmartKeyboard App...BB text prediction and keyboard accuracy is second to none, and I can type on it almost just as quickly as my computer keyboard.

Most importantly it doesn't run fine for a month or so then start freezing and crashing until I clear cache/dalvik/restore through CWM :lol:.

The newer Windows phones look good as well, they are pretty snappy and responsive. Haven't owned one, but my friend swears by his Lumia 920.

i'm not proud of it but i have an older lg c900 quantum windows 7 phone that's still going and going like the energizer bunny, but it's certainly not all that,...when/if  it ever does die imma get the galaxy s4 or similar top o the line, state of the art whatever...

kwik edit: now that i've read puck, i'm thinkin "why not a blackberry?" ,...

Got the first HTC Desire with froyo, I think it is. It's starting to get rather slow, but it gets the job done for what I use it for, so I'll hold out for as long as possible. Hate paying for phones, since I have no interest in them.

Still plugging away on my old Samsung Infuse 4G.  Have tried about every custom ROM for it, but back to GB for day to day.

I'll be changing out in the fall and I'm having a hard time picking a replacement.  I'm afraid I'll get one that doesn't hold up to the reliability and familiarity of my Infuse............