XFX RMA-Anyone had to do one recently?

My XFX 5850 (yeah I know its 3 years old) finally started getting all kinds of grey screens once it got taxed (like loading maps in TF2). Just for kicks I pulled out the box and it said lifetime warranty. I sent the XFX support an email about the issue and the steps I had taken to determine the card was the problem. 2 Days later I got an email back asking for an invoice showing I bought it. I emailed the guy that and within an hour I had a response with the RMA #. After filling out a few forms I just sent it back to them yesterday. Has anyone done the rma process with them lately? And about how long did it take once you sent it in?

So far am pretty satisfied with the process, sent the first email Sunday night and got a response Tuesday morning and RMA # later that  day. Hopefully the rest will go well, just looking for other's experiences.

• 4 weeks later...

An update on the dates of my RMA.

July 8--First email to XFX about the problem

July 10-- Response from XFX with RMA#. Sent card to XFX

July 18-- XFX emailed me back with tracking# of new card.

July 23-- Got the card in the mail.

They sent me a 6870. It has definitely been used but is working like a charm for the past week and a half. So basically it only took 2 weeks and $12 for shipping them the old 5850. All in all I was very satisfied with the ease of the process. That's my 2 cents.

We had to do one last year...XFX handled it quickly but claimed there were no issues with the card we sent to them. Perhaps they think most people are idiots - but I tested the card that was bad in literally 5 different systems with the same non-POST on all of them.

So while they are quick they were stupidly adamant that the card I sent them was fine when it wouldn't even boot in any computer in the house. :rolleyes: I feel bad for whoever they sell it to as B-stock or as a warranty RMA...