MSI has sunk to a new low...

ClayMeow

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

helllooooo, have we met before?

edit:

no she didnt screw those screws the wrong way on that cpu cooler now did she? xD

plus after-syncronisation is really bad :P

Edited by WarWeeny

edit:

no she didnt screw those screws the wrong way on that cpu cooler now did she? xD

She screwed things in the right way (righty tighty, lefty loosey). It's more about how (poorly) she handled components - go see how she holds the CPU and RAM.

edit:

She screwed things in the right way (righty tighty, lefty loosey). It's more about how (poorly) she handled components - go see how she holds the CPU and RAM.

true enough, but i was more pointing at the non-cross screwing, every decent pc builder knows he/she shouldnt screw the bolts of a cpu-cooler... ''square-way'' (dont know how to explain that, hope you understand xD)

plus she wasnt wearing any discharge-straps either, poor cpu, feeling for it :C, while being a bit jealous il admit :P

edit:

true enough, but i was more pointing at the non-cross screwing, every decent pc builder knows he/she shouldnt screw the bolts of a cpu-cooler... ''square-way'' (dont know how to explain that, hope you understand xD)

plus she wasnt wearing any discharge-straps either, poor cpu, feeling for it :C, while being a bit jealous il admit :P

Ah, true about the "non-cross screwing"...I know what you mean. It's not just for cooler installing, but basically any piece of hardware/furniture that requires corner screws.

As for the lack of anti-static strap, IMO those are overrated. I've built computers for over a decade (and extensively at one of my previous jobs) and never used one.

over tightening the screws on any motherboard can break it, its a thin sheet of silicon and cant take much compression force

:withstupid:

It's fairly common knowledge that you shouldn't over-tighten screws. Has nothing to do specifically with MSI.