Watch Dogs

ClayMeow

One side mission frustrated me for an hour.  The stealth sucks PERIOD imo.

One of the main missions close to the end of the game took me quite a while, about 5 failures before I finished it.

You basically have to get from point A to B in a car while the cops are looking for you (they have also set up roadblocks on the highway so you have to use side roads).

You have to stealthily get from A to B and you cannot get spotted once else you have to restart. That mission is really frustrating, since you cannot just lose the cops there on the way there.

Okay, so I've uploaded the video I mentioned yesterday. I am keeping it unlisted because I don't want people thinking this is a normal experience. I was going to do a new recording, but my failed police chase is pretty humorous, so I figured I'd share it.

Couple of things to note before watching:

1. Before launching the game, I maxed out the settings in GFE, whereas I had been using a mix of Ultra & High with TXAA 2x and HBAO+ Low. I should have tested the game before recording a video, but I honestly forgot I made the change since I had done so a few hours prior to even opening Uplay. By changing the settings while playing and not restarting the game, it seemingly caused some texture glitches that I never experienced while playing "normally." It's odd that the game didn't tell me the changes required a restart like other games often do. If you skip to the 4:00 minute mark (which is immediately after I die), I think the texture glitches are gone and is more true to the normal experience.

2. In case it matters, the RTSS used to generate the overlay is the one bundled with the newest version of MSI Afterburner, it's not standalone. I believe the "RAM" readout is RAM usage first and pagefile second, but not positive; either way they're pretty close to each other. As I said before, I thought RTSS overlay only shows the RAM usage for the application it's running on (in this case, WatchDogs.exe), but even if I'm wrong, RAM usage increased 4GB going from the main menu to actually launching the game, so it's still more than what some of you are reporting your usage to be.

3. Despite what some users have claimed, vehicle damage does affect driveability. It may be hard to tell in the video, but part of the reason why my driving is so sporadic during the police chase in the first 3+ minutes is because my tires were blown the majority of time and I was getting shot at by the helicopter above.

http://youtu.be/Q2Zm0b0M-js

NOTE: You'll probably have to set it at 1080p and go full-screen to actually be able to read the RTSS overlay.

• 2 weeks later...

I installed it and it seems to only look better at night. So unless they can make it dark and rainy 24/7, all it really does is add depth of field to blur everything in the distance during the day time  :(

Edited by AZNguyen

I installed it and it seems to only look better at night. So unless they can make it dark and rainy 24/7, all it really does is add depth of field to blur everything in the distance during the day time  :(

Well honestly, the only thing that ever bothered me was the lack of dynamic headlights - I thought everything else looked great.

Been busy lately but I finally found the time to get back into Watch_Dogs and decided to give that mod a try. Now it has been awhile so I can't quite remember what the vanilla game looks like, but I will say that the fog, rain, and headlights did look very nice, especially the fog. You notice when Chicago is hidden from the horizon.

Unfortunately I did run into a problem...

Naturally I have removed the mod for now.

I don't see the problem there....don't you know Watch Dogs is like Fight Club - Aiden's been talking and fighting with himself the whole time! :whistling:

Does that mean this thread has to be deleted, because of the rules?