ClayMeow

Watch Dogs

Picked up a uPlay code for $34. Not even sure if there are any third party sites that sell a Steam code.

Yeah, since Uplay is primary, it seems all third-party sites (including the NVIDIA Bundle Redemption) provide Uplay keys, not Steam keys.

Some idiot on SPUF claimed that the NVIDIA code worked for both, but I contacted Ubisoft Support and they said nope, Uplay only.

Hopefully the Deluxe Edition goodies become available via DLC or they have an upgrade option for those that got it from NVIDIA.

Picked up a uPlay code for $34. Not even sure if there are any third party sites that sell a Steam code.

Yeah, since Uplay is primary, it seems all third-party sites (including the NVIDIA Bundle Redemption) provide Uplay keys, not Steam keys.

It is probably also easier for Ubisoft to just manage it all itself, instead of having to deal with Valve for the promo keys.

One thing that is funny though is one time I had to use Ubisoft support, they just assumed I was on Steam (even after I said I had the game on U-Play).

It is probably also easier for Ubisoft to just manage it all itself, instead of having to deal with Valve for the promo keys.

One thing that is funny though is one time I had to use Ubisoft support, they just assumed I was on Steam (even after I said I had the game on U-Play).

lol, interesting.

Well my "Steam question" was just a secondary question; my main purpose of contacting them was to ensure WD was actually on my account since it doesn't show up in "My Games" and, at the time, I never actually received a confirmation email that it was on my account. So they definitely knew I was talking about Uplay (and the Ubi Shop). Now I got a confirmation email which reiterated what they told me - that the game won't appear until launch.

Seems like a pretty stupid system....maybe they're hoping someone buys it twice. lol

Yeah, UPlay is weird with how some features only seem to be half implemented or just missing a complimentary feature that is fairly obvious to have. It works is about the best thing I can really say about UPlay.

Yeah, UPlay is weird with how some features only seem to be half implemented or just missing a complimentary feature that is fairly obvious to have. It works is about the best thing I can really say about UPlay.

Yeah, I'm not hating on Uplay. This is the first "problem" I've had with it. Otherwise, as far as actually playing games, I've never had an issue. And even through Steam, it's no different than a "launcher" so whatever, I can live with it.

Just redeemed the code on Uplay website. Feels kind of strange it doesn't show up in your My Games section until it releases. Thankfully it shows up in order history, gives me some peace of mind. It didn't come with any activation code, just a 8 digit promo code to type on Ubisoft checkout.

Thank you for pre-ordering WATCH DOGS. Your product will appear in the "GAMES" section of your Uplay PC client when it releases on May 27, 2014. An email confirmation will be sent to you once the product is released, and you will then be able to download and install it through the Uplay PC client. 

Edited by AZNguyen

New "101 Trailer" released!

It's broken into eight parts (Welcome, Hacking, Characters, Multiplayer, Companion App, Driving, Game Changers, and Ending). Definitely check out the Game Changers section!

For those getting it on the consoles:

On new-gen systems the game will run at 900p on PS4 and 792p on Xbox One, at 30 frames-per-second on both consoles.

Source

For those getting it on the consoles:

On new-gen systems the game will run at 900p on PS4 and 792p on Xbox One, at 30 frames-per-second on both consoles.

Source

*Sigh*... So much for that "60 Frames Per Second in 1080p" Watch Dogs advert that appeared on Sony's Watch Dogs product page.

I suppose that developers will get closer to 1080p and at least 30FPS in the future.

I'm sure the PC version is going to be amazing though :)