[Build Log] Blue's New MACHINE!

BluePanda

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL. Well it is to go with the turbo....

They wanted to be sure it would work with my ECU first before buying everything. So I'm stuck in the it works let's do next step part. Lol.

The car is tuned!  It works!

They have the data logs to go over to make sure things look correct...but this little taste of more power has me REALLY wanting that turbo!  Vroooooooom psh! :lol:

So I can't believe she didn't post this up...but the turbo kit is all but ordered. They're gathering the parts needed and she'll probably end up authorizing the payment tonight. :whoa:

HOLY SHIT  :whoa: Six MINUTES OF AWWW HERE IT GOES OMG

lol

But payment will be later -- get the official "quote" tomorrow. They have to do it as a special order for me since I bought the tuner first to verify my ECU. So now they have to take out the cost from the parts list and have to wait on a couple parts they don't have in stock :(

Oh well, soon enough. VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Well I should know by the end of this week on the "wait" for the turbo kit. They have some parts together and need to wait on shipment to them for a couple things :(

I did go ahead and add a couple things to the order while I was at it...to of course, um...save on shipping? But seriously, I did save a ton on shipping! 

I added a 2.25" stainless flex pip (mine is both shot and the last restriction left from front to back). I also got some new spark plugs that run a little colder, good for the turbo and our altitude. AND I did penny up for a filter cover for the intake. We've got so much dust here in the desert and the freak rain storms -- it is going to be worth it.

But since you are all bored of words without pictures...here's a few of what's been happening in the mean time.

So this was quite awhile ago, when I first planned on turbo...dug out the old stock header and cleaned it up. No before pictures, but I had thrown it in the yard when I first took it off the car awhile back. I don't expect the paint to hold with the new temperatures but felt like making it look nice once. The turbo will hang directly from this.

post-72615-0-96721800-1403752976_thumb.jpg

post-72615-0-04299800-1403752985_thumb.jpg

I also posted this picture prior...I won this nifty tool set at the car show with Waco. Raffle for the GRAND PRIZE!!! The ford and it are becoming friends quickly. :)

post-72615-0-24222800-1403752991_thumb.jpg

I bought a new gasket for the exhaust side...I'm currently already leaking here or possibly the flex...tired of smelling fuel.  :sick:

post-72615-0-69683200-1403753008_thumb.jpg

These literally look like SHIT. haha. These are retrofit stock engine mounts with a "poly" fill. They've been hardening since Sunday and I will let them continue to set up for a bit. The stock mounts BLOW...quite literally. Even though I replaced them when I got the car the passenger side already went. So I'll show it!!!

post-72615-0-40521100-1403753001_thumb.jpg

Also...random. BANNNNNNNNANA!!! Made banana bread last night...this is pre-bake obviously.

post-72615-0-63330800-1403752996_thumb.jpg

Poop looking engine mounts went in tonight...little buzz buzz but not bad. Should settle nicely. Can't believe the stock mounts are such shit...replaced them maybe 6 months ago and they were already DONE.

Turbo parts should all be back in stock this week -- so they may ship out by end of week! WOOOOOOT!!!!