[Build Log] Blue's New MACHINE!

BluePanda

Only faster than mine in a straight line, and barely. The ZX3, new, would get to 60 in almost 6 seconds. This one's ten years old, I'm not too sure it'll pull that much of a gap with my car or the Miata. :lol:

In my opinion, RALLY CAR! :D

I'm glad you know so much about cars. :rolleyes:

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now get some wet sand paper and sand the headlights to remove oxidation. Get a buffer (if you don't have one) and polish polish polish them. They'll look brand new.

Now get some wet sand paper and sand the headlights to remove oxidation. Get a buffer (if you don't have one) and polish polish polish them. They'll look brand new.

Already went at them for quite some time -- they are scratched horribly on the inside as well. :P So it will wait a bit until I'm ready to start taking more things apart. haha. Wednesday (my Friday this week) can't get here fast enough. 

Yeah...the first thing we tried was using some headlight restorer on them...after 15 minutes of polishing (which resulted in a SUPER glossy exterior lense) we realized that the insides of the lenses were damaged.

Somewhere down the road they'll probably get replaced with projectors. I have that feeling that either she'll want them (less likely) or I'll convince her that she wants them (more likely). :lol:

Finally get to work on the car tomorrow after work!! :) SO excited. Going to clean it out (last owner lived on a dirt road -- lots o dirt everywhere). I'm going to check the belts and pick up some oil to give her a fresh start. 

A good car wash and a new starting point to make some changes!!!

Ordered the new cooling fan to replace the one I blew apart -- unfortunately won't be here till next Monday :(

I'll post some moar pictars tomorrow...

You can pick up new headlight housings for ~$75-100 bucks on eBay.

Might be a worthwhile purchase in lieu of buying HIDs right away if the lights are really bad.

My mothers van headlights were dangerously nearing opaque, she priced them at Dodge for like $300 installed.

I got them for like $110 shipped a week or so later and had them installed in ~45 minutes.

Definitely worth it.

Oh I know about Ebay stuff. I have no problems with "Chinese crap" as long as I know what I'm getting ahead of time. If we (really she) does replace the headlights at some point I'll put in regular halogen projectors (not HIDs, just projector lenses for regular bulbs).

Now if the MVD would stop being assholes we'll get it titled and registered. They even decided to revoke the registration on the Miata today because they thought I didn't have insurance (which they had to confirm before I registered it...totally a cash ploy). :lol:

Just came back from Europe.  You would totally fit in over there.   Seemed like half the cars were small hatchbacks.

Now to begin the leopard print!

She is in Lobo country now, so its gotta be paw prints.

When You change the timing belt. Change the cams and gears to wake that thing up.

I did the cams and gears and header on the Mystique. And it was a sweet driver afterword. Went from 33mpg to 30 after the changes.

Well turns out that the timing belt has been replaced rather recently...so I'm good to go for awhile after all on that one. Serpentine belt squeak a little, but the belt also looks about brand new...I'll let this one go for a little while and replace it if the squeak doesn't go away. 

Today I replaced some bulbs -- fog lights were out, blinkers we're half working, and the rear 5 bulb top break light only had two going for it. Had some bulbs around though, so saved some coin. Though the stupid fog light bulbs were about $8 a piece...stupid things.

Changed the oil -- after making a little mess, it's all good and running. Pulled out the majority of the rear interior to clean out the gobs of dirt in that poor thing. Guy must have lived on a serious dirt road.

Things are cleaning up! Washed and waxed + rainX with Waco's help. Stereo wiring starts tomorrow :)

post-72615-0-25354100-1372992722_thumb.jpg

post-72615-0-81184700-1372992751_thumb.jpg

Too bad the rear bumper is so scrapped up -- might cut my own bumper applique; though generally I hate them...

No pictars of the inside all nasty -- had too much dirt flying around to take one while cleaning...haha