Sign in to follow this  
red1776

Dont let this happen to you

It is part humor, part illustration I posted to make a point to a guy who was not prepared or equipped to properly lap either his heat sink base, or his IHS.  (what Smiki007 said)

@ Black, Lapping is the process of making the surface of your CPU (IHS) and or the base of your heatsink/block so they are approaching perfect flatness for the best possible contact and heat transfer. The process is finished with several graduating steps of extremely fine grain wet-sand abrasive paper to a polished finished.

(This can be a mistake on some of the current heat sinks out there that currently have a convex base designed to put more pressure on top of the cores)

What? It looks like a crazy photoshop.

It is a crazy photoshop.. Just because the exterior case who is covering the processor is in other angle the the inside chip ... there is like a crazy distorsion in space and time.. very crazy and a red like also jajajajjaja WTF is that?

What? It looks like a crazy photoshop.

It is a crazy photoshop.. Just because the exterior case who is covering the processor is in other angle the the inside chip ... there is like a crazy distorsion in space and time.. very crazy and a red like also jajajajjaja WTF is that?

I think the core is an old T-bird core or the like.

It was for a guy that was about to lap the hell out of his CPU & heatsink and was completely ill equipped to do it. 

(actually the description of what he was about to do, I think this is pretty close to the result he would have ended with)

....or it's a crazy time space quantum mechanics event horizon kind of thing...ya know... like 

Schr

Ah heck, just get out the belt sander and make a couple passes across that thing an it'll be fine :haha:  (Just kidding)

Ah heck, just get out the belt sander and make a couple passes across that thing an it'll be fine

I would use benchtop belt sanders.