Sign in to follow this  
bp9801

Terminator reboot

So, it appears a new Terminator movie is set to arrive on June 26, 2015. It's "the first in a stand-alone trilogy," and will be released by Paramount. Also: "The 2015 film will be produced by Annapurna Pictures, which also produced 2013's Oscar nominee "Zero Dark Thirty," and Skydance Productions."

No mention of Ahnold was made, nor any other actors/actresses, and not even a timeline of when it'll be set. Maybe its stand-alone nature will mean it'll only be in the future, or begin with the creation of Skynet and Cyberdyne, or something totally different.

I love the Terminator movies and I'm excited for a new one, but I dunno about it being rebooted. Seems like every movie is being rebooted nowadays.

I honestly liked Christian Bale in the last terminator, wish they would continue with that cast instead. Don't really like the reboot ideas though. It's like the movie studios are like well I am out of ideas for movies, lets just redo a 10-30 year old movie/trilogy and go from there! :yucky:

I've liked pretty much all the reboots over the past few years, so I'm all for it. Honestly, it's better than trying to extend stories further with proper sequels. It certainly worked for Batman and Star Trek.

I will be keeping tabs on this, so far all of them have been good. I even kinda liked the TV series (dat Summer Glau)

I will be keeping tabs on this, so far all of them have been good. I even kinda liked the TV series (dat Summer Glau)

mmmm. Summer Glau. I mean, yeah, that was a good show.

Reboot sounds good as most of the reboots generally results in better movie, but it's a matter of shame that we won't have sequel movie to salvations.

I've red somewhere (don't know exactly where), mentioning a Dwayne Johnson (The Rock), as a lead actor.

Found it, was Antena 3 (Spanish TV) web page:

http://www.antena3.com/se-estrena/noticias/dwayne-johnson-arnold-schwarzenegger-quien-protagonizara-terminator_2013062100049.html

NOOOOOOOOOO. He is a pretty lame actor to be honest, and always runs around like he just jumped in a pool(I felt like he was comic relief in the Fast Five because of it)

I like new versions of older movies, the graphics are always great, but imo the Rock should stick to children's movies, never did think he could act. :yucky:

I like new versions of older movies, the graphics are always great, but imo the Rock should stick to children's movies, never did think he could act. :yucky:

He seemed OK in the Scorpion King, but he should have stopped with serious films right there :P