Sign in to follow this  
jc79145

CCC gone?

Hi guys this is my first post on this site :)

I own a dell inspiron 15R SE with AMD Radeon HD 7730M switchable (ugh) graphics.

I recently purchased Rayman 2 on my computer and I got some pretty disgusting textures from about half the game and was looking for the fix. I found the it in updating my intel graphics drivers. After installing this driver it was like Intel had taken over that entire department of my computer. I am no longer able to use the actual graphics card for any of my applications or games. Where I used to be able to right click on my desktop and see the control center I now see stupid intel graphics properties and the like. And if I search it from the Start Menu I get this message. "Catalyst Control Center cannot be started. There are currently no settings thatcan be configured using Cataly Control Center."Getting driver support for switchable graphics is already a nightmare and even worse when I'm working with an AMD card. Is there a way that I can repair CCC without getting rid of the current intel drivers so I can hopefully still enjoy Rayman 2 on my computer?

I just checked the device manager and the status of my AMD card is: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Edited by jc79145

I would imagine updating your AMD drivers would help - but switchable graphics are not my forte.

EDIT: If it's Windows Vista/7/8, you could try going to Control Panel -> Programs -> Programs and Features and find CCC. There should be a repair option that might fix things up as well.