Sign in to follow this  
KaluMinati

My Sig Image

well... heres the sig that i wanted to use... but i couldnt get the size down

occsig.gif

so below is the one im using... for now

Nice too bad you can't get the above one to work... did you make that in photoshop? Or Paint Shop Pro? I really suck with those programs cause I've never really used them... but I might try and make one later.

You have a ton of duplicate frames in the animated one. I imported it in to Animation Shop (included with Paint Shop Pro) and dropped about 100 frames.

The file size went down by about 25 k, but still not enough. I reduced the colours and got it down to 35k.

The only way to reduce it further is to make the source images smaller.

Edited by Some_Guy_

i got the file sizes down to below 24k and i took out all the useless frames too. i already showed them in irc just thought i'd show them to everyone else.

occsig3.gif

occsig2.gif

occsig5.gif

am i the only one that finds that annoying? No offense to you...animated sigs are allowed...but i don't think they should be.

am i the only one that finds that annoying? No offense to you...animated sigs are allowed...but i don't think they should be.

:withstupid: I find it annoying also, reminds me of why I run spyware blaster and Norton pop up ad blocker and banners are blocked also, I very seldem ever get a banner or pop up ad. I hate those flashing animated banners, but to each his own

nope i agree as well, was hoping animations weren't going to be allowed, but hey what can ya do? like claymeow said no offense to u its a sweet sig pic but i find it distracting.

,Feb 22 2004, 09:08 PM] even though I have no issues with animated sigs, sly you are kinda shootin yourself in the foot with your animated avatar :P:withstupid:

i think there's a big difference between animated avatars and animated sigpics...The avatars are off to the side, and i barely even notice them while reading posts....but the sigpic are right smack there with the text of the posts. I'm glad i'm not the only one that finds them annoying, cause i wasn't trying to be a prick about it, it's just distracting to have some large banner flashing below or above what you're trying to read.