HiFi sound card

Prunes

I'm looking to upgrade my audio system substantially, when I graduate, since I'll get quite a bit of cash and such. I'm looking to get, if lucky, a NuForce DDA-100 amp, 2x Dali Lektor 2, and a new sound card. My problem is that I despise all the sound cards branded with "made for gamers" or "certified by the gaming community" or whatever. I don't want gamer audio. I WANT HIFI AUDIO! (sorry) I only know ASUS and Creative, but any brand is welcome. 

HiFi gurus, help me!

None when.you already are looking at an inter grated DAC/AMP. I would also advise going towards the dedicated DAC or DAC/AMP combos and not use sound cards. It'll free up space in the case, hopefully improve airflow and temps.

I won't be using a sound card, when I can get use the optical from the mobo to the amp. I was just curious about what sound card would be best for good music output. Is ASUS or Creative the best or is the lesser known Auzentech better? And this is with sound quality in mind, not gaming.

I would say dedicated DAC.

In terms of actual cards I did have an Auzentech that I was rather fond of, they may be lesser know along with HT Omega but they all perform well, in the end you'll find driver support the biggest issues with any of the soundcards.

A which again makes an.external dac that uses a toslink or USB digital input or maybe even a HDMI input a better option. No software to mess around, drivers that are easily updated with windows update and a cealing of quality that is really only capped by your wallet.

a ceiling of quality that is really only capped by your wallet.

The ever lasting problem :) 

And thanks for your replies :cheers:  I'll just use the optical port on my mobo, so I can get the most direct feed.