Sign in to follow this  
JJDARK21

gtx 770 sli vs 670 sli is it worth the upgrade?

whats up guys   i recently  saw he gtx 770  i own a gtx 670  windforce oc  sli  and its great but do you guys think that changing them for a 770 sli is worth it or should i wait for amd at the end of the year or should i wait till next year? 

well the fact that the GTX 770 is a 680 with higher clocks and the same price as a 670 than yes its a good deal. I think AMD is going to put something out here soon but will it be faster? maybe, but most likely it will drop the prices of things. I don't think you are going to find the prices in the $400 range change at all. maybe the production of the 600s will stop.

just my 2bits

edit : I didn't think of this right away but if your gonna spend $800 might as well spend $650 and get a 780 for simliar speeds. 1 card, less heat , cheaper , that's a good deal unless you really need sli

oh i thought the op was asking if going 670 or 770s would be better. If JJ already has 670s than yeah don't upgrade lol

yeah i think i wait till amd comes with something at the end of the year  if amd comes with something really good i might change my 670 sli 

Edited by JJDARK21

Currently it's worth of it's price.

Check after 3-4 months. Price of GTX770 should be stabilized within that period of time.

Looking at the question from a common sense stand point.................

I can't imagine many scenarios where someone would need any more gpu horsepower than twin GTX 670s in SLi.  Unless it's a race to stay up with the latest technology or epeen points.

But hey, it's their own money.

Looking at the question from a common sense stand point.................

I can't imagine many scenarios where someone would need any more gpu horsepower than twin GTX 670s in SLi.  Unless it's a race to stay up with the latest technology or epeen points.

But hey, it's their own money.

and even then there are 780s and titans out