Xbox One

bp9801

people need to see the xbox one in a different perspective.

its a media-hub that plays games.

it isnt a gameconsole in its core, its a mediabox that does ''all in ONE'' the consumers who by this are not only gamers, they want to tackle the mainstream audience as well.

imagine this: you just got into your new house and you need to set everything up, the only thing you have is tv, internet and a phone connection.

eventually you want something that plays dvd/blu-ray for movies, you want a machine that can go to the internet, you want to watch different kind of things on that machine like netflix and anything else what america has for channals. and if you are bored you can play a game with it too with nice graphics to boot. it is nice that one machine can do all this flawless and hassle free so it is a logial step to get an xbox one because that is the machine that does all of this and even more stuff (you dont need, but it does it)

This is what the xbox one is, nothing more nothing less.

people need to let go of the gameconsole view and look at it from a media-hub perspective, then the xbox one isnt all that bad now is it?

Edited by WarWeeny

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of it can be done with current systems. Also this reminds me a PSP, does 98% of what the Xbox one can do. 

Maybe if we can compare them to Windows OS it will help us determine how the Xbox One will turn out.

Xbox - Windows 98

Xbox 360 - Windows XP

Xbox One - (Oh no! :( )

Most of it can be done with current systems. Also this reminds me a PSP, does 98% of what the Xbox one can do. 

Maybe if we can compare them to Windows OS it will help us determine how the Xbox One will turn out.

Xbox - Windows 98

Xbox 360 - Windows XP

Xbox One - (Oh no! :( )

:rofl:

Can't you do that with a PS3 already? :P Or Xbox 360?

not smoothly and decent, no ;P

Odd, as a user of the 360 it works well for such an aged console. These are features that should at least be optional for a gaming console... which I guess is for the Wii U and the PS4 :D

Can't you do that with a PS3 already? :P Or Xbox 360?

not smoothly and decent, no ;P

Odd, as a user of the 360 it works well for such an aged console. These are features that should at least be optional for a gaming console... which I guess is for the Wii U and the PS4 :D

guess i have a different vision of smooth and decent then you :P

Meh, I'm as interested in this as I am with the PS4, aka not at all. The only thing I'm glad about is it will raise the bar for PC games, that's the only good that will come of this.

people need to see the xbox one in a different perspective.

its a media-hub that plays games.

it isnt a gameconsole in its core, its a mediabox that does ''all in ONE'' the consumers who by this are not only gamers, they want to tackle the mainstream audience as well.

imagine this: you just got into your new house and you need to set everything up, the only thing you have is tv, internet and a phone connection.

eventually you want something that plays dvd/blu-ray for movies, you want a machine that can go to the internet, you want to watch different kind of things on that machine like netflix and anything else what america has for channals. and if you are bored you can play a game with it too with nice graphics to boot. it is nice that one machine can do all this flawless and hassle free so it is a logial step to get an xbox one because that is the machine that does all of this and even more stuff (you dont need, but it does it)

This is what the xbox one is, nothing more nothing less.

people need to let go of the gameconsole view and look at it from a media-hub perspective, then the xbox one isnt all that bad now is it?

Jim Sterling puts it best when he says "Xboxes need a TV, but a TV doesn't need an XBOX One". You can already buy Smart Tvs that play movies, browse the web, social media etc. The samsung ones even have gesture & voice commands for those who love the kinnect.

What does a PS3 / PS4 & XBOX 360 do that Smart TVs dont? PLAY GAMES! Microsoft are too busy trying to market it as a all in one home entertainment system they're forgetting to market it as the thing that makes it different from your appleTV, your ipad or your smart TV. Games!

I could make a point about steam, big picture & steambox as potential competitors.

Moviebob also puts it very well when he states

the [concern] that sticks out most in my mind is the one with implications far beyond gaming. I got used to the idea that gaming not only doesn't want my business but rather seems to actively resent my presence among its consumer base as a relic of an age it is now ashamed of a generation ago, fine. But the gumption with which Microsoft has embraced the re-definition of the media itself, the Orwellian wordscape wherein the term "product" is subsumed by "service" and consumers are granted "permission" rather than "ownership," that development chills me to my bone.

At the end of the day your He-Man (or Optimus Prime, or Barbie, or whatever) was just that: yours

Had Hasbro filed for bankruptcy in the late 80's, no one would've woken up to find their toy chest suddenly devoid of Transformers.

On our show this weekend Doug and I were discussing the Xbox One and we noted something no one else seems to be talking about. The fact that you will have an always on, internet connected HD camera with low light capabilities and microphone active in your living room or whatever room you put your game system in. This has the potential to be a privacy hack nightmare. Seriously how long until hackers figure out how to get into the system and stream you video over the internet. Might not be that big of a deal of seeing the family eating in the living room but what about the nights alone getting freaky with bubble wrap? I think you know what I mean. I am amazed that no one else wants to talk about this. BTW we tried to get MS to speak with us on this and they would not return calls or emails on this matter.

On our show this weekend Doug and I were discussing the Xbox One and we noted something no one else seems to be talking about. The fact that you will have an always on, internet connected HD camera with low light capabilities and microphone active in your living room or whatever room you put your game system in. This has the potential to be a privacy hack nightmare. Seriously how long until hackers figure out how to get into the system and stream you video over the internet. Might not be that big of a deal of seeing the family eating in the living room but what about the nights alone getting freaky with bubble wrap? I think you know what I mean. I am amazed that no one else wants to talk about this. BTW we tried to get MS to speak with us on this and they would not return calls or emails on this matter.

That's a good point actually. Also, the fact the Xbox One will run a Windows kernel poses the question; will hackers be able to exploit the Windows kernel to interact with the system itself? If that is the case, will there be any AntiVirus capabilities on the system itself?

That's a good point actually. Also, the fact the Xbox One will run a Windows kernel poses the question; will hackers be able to exploit the Windows kernel to interact with the system itself? If that is the case, will there be any AntiVirus capabilities on the system itself?

Now though is the question why NONE of the mainstream outlets pointed this out? Computer Ed Radio again ahead of the curve...