Xbox One

bp9801

I play on the console because everything about gaming is better than the graphics compared to the pc . 

I disagree with most of your reasons. No cheating and used games, yes true.  I would add that the fact that your experience is going to be exactly like they tested it as is another benefit.  With PC you can end up with laggy graphics, which requires tweaking to overcome.  Also, you get splitscreen multiplayer on consoles.

However, PC rules for:

Choice of controls - you can play with mouse/keyboard as well as gamepad if you want.

Chat - you can use text or voice, you have the choice.

Backwards compatibility - sometimes it's rough to get a game working on a newer OS or hardware, but I've yet to have a game that I haven't been able to get to work.

Open platform - you can install a bigger HDD or customize the system however you see fit

Good for every genre - RTS games are not fun on consoles.

Now, PCs are costlier to build (generally) but you'll save on the cost of games.  Steam has tons and tons of games for cheap, though they'll likely be old or indie.  Console games generally stay up there in price.

Okay, I'm done, lol.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this digital thing is making games cheap now . in 2005 pc games where discs with a ton of drm .

as for cost, you can a console for the price of a video card . I'm lucky enough to own both but I do enjoy just sitting on the couch . if m$ tries to add stupid features and block backwards compat than I'll I won't be buying this new one . Iv been wanting to get back into pc gaming for a while but it's just so much easier to play on a console . I still cannot play COD WAW on the pc because publbuster kicks me off after 5 minutes .

The only interesting thing I took out...of all of this was the potential aspect of ripping the OS and using it on a PC.

I remember years ago there used to be guides for making Windows as lean as possible and setting up booting into a game-only Windows partition. Now a days we don't need that, but it'd still be cool to see if it ever gets ripped and re-ported to the PC.

Looks like both NVIDIA PhysX and APEX are being worked into the Xbox One.

@HBC, there won't be backwards compatibility, sadly.

it is a sad day

Why is it a sad day? It is not like purchasing an xBox One requires getting rid of your 360.

Personally, I like that both the xBox One and PS4 are going to be x86 based (which is why they do not have native backwards compatibility) as that will probably make developing games for them and PC easier/cheaper, so maybe we will see better ports this generation.

Will the next one be Xbox Two?

Considering the designation 'One' is obviously a marketing tactic (meaning this is the One device you need to control your media setup) I would doubt it. But then, it is Microsoft.

Going from 360 to One...yeah, makes perfect sense! :rolleyes:

You are talking about a company who thought it was a good idea to get rid of the start menu (because nobody uses it anymore) .  :no:

Edited by uneedav8

:lol: Awesome. Fine work that.

@Jim, it's sad because HBC seemed to be wanting backwards compatibility.

The x86 architecture used in both the PS4 and X1 (still dumb no matter how it's done) should mean a lot quicker turnaround for any ports. If development isn't simultaneous for the consoles and PC, that is.

The only interesting thing I took out...of all of this was the potential aspect of ripping the OS and using it on a PC.

I remember years ago there used to be guides for making Windows as lean as possible and setting up booting into a game-only Windows partition. Now a days we don't need that, but it'd still be cool to see if it ever gets ripped and re-ported to the PC.

thats a great idea! I didn't think of that but M$ could make billions if they made a gaming os or a dual boot thing. The dual kernel would be much better and I can imagine holding ctrl+alt+del and switch back and forth between game mode and normal mode. It would remove all the overhead that isn't going to be used in gaming.