Xbox One

bp9801

I thought this video was exaggurated for comical effect. Then I actually started watching the press conference video and started counting every time they said tv.

I'm 22mins in and im up to 29 "TV"s (1st - presenter 5 times, 2nd - 21x, 3rd - 3 times) may have missed a couple

22 mins in, still no mention of games.

this whole reveal isn't selling me on the console. For every new feature or "benefit" I see only the negatives. I dont want to know what's trending in tv, I just want my games. I still fail to see how saying "XBOX TV" is quicker than pressing a button on a remote.

Also who the f@#$ wants to watch a trailer for the next Star Trek movie when watching the 2008 Star Trek movie. Are people's attention spans really that short now?

No Backwards compatability

No Borrowing a game from a friend / taking a game to a friends to play

Internet / online requirement

Also I'm very skeptical of the speed and accuracy of the Kinect's response. Kinda looks like Bullshots to me

28 mins in - Hurray Games. Oh wait its EA... Can the TV guy come back on stage now? Wow FIFA, Madden because those weren't going to be coming out yearly anyway.

EDIT: Forgot the biggest thing. The stupid name. Why name the 3rd console "One". I get they backed themselves into a corner when they called the second 360 because 360 is a bigger number than 3 (playstation). Infinity or 720 made more "sense" from a branding point of view.

2nd EDIT: 15 exclusive games. 8 new IPs. so thats 7 new games based on existing IP my bets on new Fable, Gears Of War, Forza, Halo, thats 4. Crackdown?

3rd EDIT: had to laugh at this (large image so spoiler tags)

microsoftsonyiksf3.png

Edited by bilcliff

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Start with the Xbox, make a 360 and now your back to One.

No used games, and who knows with sort of RRod this one will hold. I had it 12 times, yes 12!. So will see how this one fairs after release. So I may still get it.

Pic says it all for me. (But I will mostly likely get the PS4 thou :teehee: )

glorious-pc-gaming-master-race_design.pn

22 mins in, still no mention of games.

For every new feature or "benefit" I see only the negatives. I dont want to know what's trending in tv, I just want my games.

Also this seems to be the general view I've seem almost every where. And I have to agree.

The more I read about this, the less interested I am. I do find it funny that console players are finally getting the same deal as PC gamers (no used games), and they are frrrEAKING out. I will say the only appeal of consoles is used games.

The more I read about this, the less interested I am. I do find it funny that console players are finally getting the same deal as PC gamers (no used games), and they are frrrEAKING out. I will say the only appeal of consoles is used games.

Where are people seeing anything about it not supporting used games because everything I have seen states the near antithesis? Used games are supported, which Microsoft has stated unequivocally. What has not been stated is exactly how this will operate, because they have also stated that it will be different than it is presently. This has led to speculation of having to pay a fee to re-activate a disc, so it can be tied to your account, but this is speculation and not fact. Even if that does turn out to be the case, that is not unreasonable (unless the fee is quite large) and Microsoft knows better than to not have a system for Gamestop or your used-game buyer/seller to do this for you, so you do not need to pay twice. Further, they have also stated that you will be able to take your game disc to a friends and play it on their console, provided you can log into your account.

Wow, I knew Cell differed greatly from x86, but I didn't think PowerPC was all that different. But if that's the case, then like the PS4, that simply makes sense from a technical standpoint. Sony at least has Gaikai to make up for it...so guess that's another point for PS4. Ouch.

PS4 has an x86 CPU this time, so the PS4 and Xbox One are opposite of their code portability for this generation. O_o So ridiculous. I tend to agree with a few things they go through semiaccurate.com on Microsoft not caring about gaming for the Xbox One, as seen by their current handling of the Xbox dashboard and how their promoting the Xbox One, gaming just isn't the mouth watering revenue stream compared to everything else they can put in it.

Start with the Xbox, make a 360 and now your back to One.

No used games, and who knows with sort of RRod this one will hold. I had it 12 times, yes 12!. So will see how this one fairs after release. So I may still get it.

Pic says it all for me. (But I will mostly likely get the PS4 thou :teehee: )

glorious-pc-gaming-master-race_design.pn

That's unlucky man, my console hasn't RROD'd once yet! And for some reason I think the diagram is opposite in real life xD

---------------------------

Could it be? Crackdown 3?

http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/31482-crackdown-3-for-xbox-one?