bp9801

Xbox One

Short hands-on with the controller. Not on Xbox One consoles, mind you, but PCs built to the next-gen specifications.

The thumbsticks sound nice after all the tweaking, as does a D-pad that actually works. The impulse triggers were disabled, however, so no telling how those are just yet.

:lol: Precisely IVI. I don't see a 150MHz increase is going to be so beneficial, but maybe it'll help in the long run. Or something. I don't know.

So I posted this on Facebook and Twitter... wtf is up with this supporting 8 controllers business?

My thought is: If the Xbox One was going to contain a dual HDMI out port that allowed you to connect two TV's and extend the displays I would be like... "Alright sweet stuff."

Wouldn't running 8 controllers off of one TV be the definition of Cluster F***? (and by controllers I mean a single screen split in to 8 boxes/displays for 8 players.)

Or did I miss something and this will actually work well?

So I posted this on Facebook and Twitter... wtf is up with this supporting 8 controllers business?

My thought is: If the Xbox One was going to contain a dual HDMI out port that allowed you to connect two TV's and extend the displays I would be like... "Alright sweet stuff."

Wouldn't running 8 controllers off of one TV be the definition of Cluster F***? (and by controllers I mean a single screen split in to 8 boxes/displays for 8 players.)

Or did I miss something and this will actually work well?

4v4 in Sports games - no split screen required (except for the usual split screen for play calling in football).

Ahh, so games no one play.  :haha:

Same, though I know the majority of console gamers are atleast sports game fans so more power/fun to them!

Forza 5 will be the main factor in the Xbox One for me. But so far not much from PS4 interests me...

Edited by Black64

You mean Forza 5, right? UK versions of the Day One console include a choice between it and FIFA 14, which is pretty nice imo.