bp9801

Xbox One

That means for the first time since PS2 it's going to be really freakin easy to emulate a console. Why can't we just have all these xbone games working on PC in the same manner? I'd much rather play Halo 25 on my 150 dollar computer than a 500 dollar xbone.  :woot:

That means for the first time since PS2 it's going to be really freakin easy to emulate a console. Why can't we just have all these xbone games working on PC in the same manner? I'd much rather play Halo 25 on my 150 dollar computer than a 500 dollar xbone.  :woot:

This about the only thing I'm truly excited for when it comes to the new consoles (and also how the minimum bar can be raised on system requirements across the board). I know they'll try and stop it but eventually some will get through :D

http://hexus.net/gaming/news/industry/56841-microsofts-e3-xbox-one-demos-ran-nvidia-powered-pcs/

Xbox ONE games were not running on Xbox ONE hardware, nor a devkit. They were running on HP Windows 7 (not even 8) PCs. Everyone is making a racket about how that means that Microsoft doesn't trust Windows 8, nor it's own Xbox ONE hardware, but I'm sure I'm not the first one to think about what that means about the possible compatibilities between Xbox ONE games and PC...with a lil' bit of emulation... :evilgrin:

That's hilarious, seems like ya only need a GTX 780 to emulate the XBox One lol

Y MS like digging own grave? :/

I take it everyone has forgotten that this is normal. What is rare is for gameplay footage for games still in development to be run on the actual console hardware. It says that a PS4 dev kit was used to run its game demos, which is impressive. Of course since it's x86, that may not be all that impressive. Still good for Sony though as that means they either have the PS4 hardware near final or the code for the game demos near final.

WarWeeny did you even read the article or did you just jump on the bandwagon?

jumped on the wagon :3

http://hexus.net/gaming/news/industry/56841-microsofts-e3-xbox-one-demos-ran-nvidia-powered-pcs/

Xbox ONE games were not running on Xbox ONE hardware, nor a devkit. They were running on HP Windows 7 (not even 8) PCs. Everyone is making a racket about how that means that Microsoft doesn't trust Windows 8, nor it's own Xbox ONE hardware, but I'm sure I'm not the first one to think about what that means about the possible compatibilities between Xbox ONE games and PC...with a lil' bit of emulation... :evilgrin:

Yeah, I had said the same thing in the E3 thread. :P

Yeah, I had said the same thing in the E3 thread. :P

Ya I appreciate that, I only just thought of it though :P

Don't look that much into it. Although PS4 games were running on devkits at E3, it's very common for console games to be demoed on PCs. After all, every game is created on PCs to begin with.

Also note that x86 doesnt mean Windows.

Linux and Apple are x86 as well.

Can you imagine if the only emulators available were on Macs...which the cost alone will deter people from emulating console games  since it'd be much cheaper and better to run them natively :lol:

Edited by IVIYTH0S