neddamttocs

How many monitors do you have on your main PC?

50 members have voted

1. 1. How many monitors?

• 7 or more

Stoner how's the 29"? Read a review that said it's better with dual monitor for productivity, while the 29" is awesome for games and movies. True?

My main at home runs 2 27"  (voted for) although i spend more time on my computer at work :(

My work computer has 3 23" dell soon to be 4 as soon as i can clean/make room on my desk

Edited by olokul

Sorry about no poll last week but i was a bit busy getting married!

Grats!

2 x 1920x1200

I usually turn 1 off though.

Stoner how's the 29"? Read a review that said it's better with dual monitor for productivity, while the 29" is awesome for games and movies. True?

Pretty good, win 7 is good at managing windows and allowing you to snap them to the side of the screen. I know the LG version has a Picture in Picture mode. Which means you could play back to simultaneous but different video streams. Technically meant to be different but well I reckon you could make it work as 2x 1280x1080 screens with 0 boarder.

I didn't get the LG because it was $400 more than the Dell. Will let everyone know if I can make the picture in picture happen.

Edit: had a look at a review and discovered that it has it, the picture by picture mode meaning that i now can have boaderless multi(single)monitor.

i have 3 17 inch no name monitors, and i have an s video cable running to the tv for movies, so i put 4, but where my desk is and where the tv is, it would be almost impossible to use them all at once, almost, you could but you would get a crick in your neck pretty quick

Stoner how's the 29"? Read a review that said it's better with dual monitor for productivity, while the 29" is awesome for games and movies. True?

Pretty good, win 7 is good at managing windows and allowing you to snap them to the side of the screen. I know the LG version has a Picture in Picture mode. Which means you could play back to simultaneous but different video streams. Technically meant to be different but well I reckon you could make it work as 2x 1280x1080 screens with 0 boarder.

I didn't get the LG because it was $400 more than the Dell. Will let everyone know if I can make the picture in picture happen.

Edit: had a look at a review and discovered that it has it, the picture by picture mode meaning that i now can have boaderless multi(single)monitor.

I'm really thinking this might be my next monitor. Whether I get the LG one or the Dell one I don't know, but it sure looks awesome. Unfortunately I don't have a gtx 690 to feed it  :glare: So I might need a gpu upgrade first.

I received an email this morning from Cable Wholesale about a new USB to HDMI hookup. I had not seen this before. If advertising is to be believed it supports Two Monitors (mirrored desktop), Two Monitors (extended desktop), or Three Monitors (extended desktop). For those that would like multiple monitors without paying for a new video card, maybe this is the answer

http://www.cablewholesale.com/cgi-bin/articlelink.cgi?article=SALES_EU_2013-05-13&key=ca13f954a100369119960395af353ccc7da752ee&link=/specs/41v3-30100.php

Please some have 7+! I'd like to see such a setup

A few years ago I setup about 70 desks in a 6 screen layout.  Had 3-4 different network computers at each desk.  Six of the desks did have a 7th monitor in addition to the 6 monitor setup.  No pics though...they frown upon that in a SCIF :-/

Also just one 2560x1600 monitor on my main

Edited by Coors