GTX570sli Vs GTX680sli

Running 2 Palit GTX570's sli at stock but thinking of upgrading to 2 EVGA GTX680's sli.  Is it worth it?

Yes but I would wait till the end of the month since there are rumours of the Nvidia 700 series coming out at the end of May.

I think the GTX770 will catch your eye since it is rumoured to be a rebranded GTX680 with the Titan-styled cooler with increased clocks but at a $400 price tag.

If the 700 series does turn out to be quite expensive, then you could always try get two 680s for a bargain price when people start selling them for less.

2x 570s are just a little fastest than a Evga 680 Classfied overclocked (fastest 680 you are going to find). those are benchmarks though, I couldn't tell the difference , both setups ran everything on ultra . considering the Titan is 1-2x of a 680 preformance wise, anything lower is going to be about the speed of a 680 (2x 570s).

suggestion - upgrade if you like new tech and want less power consumption / 1 card setup. Otherwise I dont think you will see the extra FPS pay off.

The real upgrade would be seen if you game at very high resolutions like two screens (from the Vram increase which isn't as huge an increase if you by the 2GB but helpful).  If you game on one screen... it's not really justified though IMHO.

I'd agree in saying to  wait until the 700series before thinking about this again

Everyone makes some great observations in their responses.  IVI brought some great info to the table concerning resolutions, multiple screens etc. and I'll add that depending on how much eye candy or AA you want to use the extra memory might be helpful.

I currently run two eVGA GTX 570SC cards in SLi and on a single screen running at 1920x1200 resolution, my FPS is better than three other friends running the same resolution, same games but using; one has eVGA GTX 680FTW, one has eVGA GTX 680SC and one has Asus GTX 680DC20.

Considering the amount of money you would be investing in the GTX 680 cards I'd have a hard time justifying the purchase myself, unless it was just to satisfy my "i'm the biggest baddest kid on the block complex  :))

Budget wise, if you're just wanting to squeeze some more performance out of an SLi setup, gain a little bit of extra memory capacity and not break the bank, a couple of GTX 660 Ti cards would probably do the trick honestly.

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw 2x 680 on eBay for $320 a day ago. But right now an upgrade from 2x 570, you should go to 2x 780 or maybe wait until the 770s are out. But it depends on how much you want to spend.

I just saw 2x 680 on eBay for $320 a day ago.

LINK!?

Auction 1 

Auction 2

Even at that price I still went with 2 7950s. (OCing, 3GB, etc) :D

Idk man, I'm all about the extra memory too but 680s are beastly! I paid $320 for my 7950 when they were about new but I think I might have to take a 680 over it at that price