When do you upgrade your drivers?

neddamttocs

37 members have voted

1. 1. When do you upgrade your drivers?

• As soon as they come out
    • Wait a month to see if they are worth it
    • Wait until i need to (i.e Bug Fix)
    • Only after major system updates
    • Update, whats this update you speak of?

Hello, this week on OCC Poll we want to know when you upgrade the drivers on your pc? Is it as soon as they come out or do you for the next revision, or for a bug fix? 

Let us know on this weeks OCC Poll

I dont update drives unless I have too... some people will update as soon as there is a release and sometimes have issues... I prefer not to update unless i have issues which has been very rare. I've ran 4 year old video card drivers once.

I never do upgrades unless they are required. Exceptions are Avast, Adobe Reader, Java, Firefox, Mozilla, Steam, Catalyst.

As far as Windoes 7 updates - generally, yes, I apply them but occasionally I get a warning about a particular security update issue and I then remove the update. I truly believe that applying most updates is a crap shoot.My advice, "Restore Points" - Always.

Win 7 updates are applied when I notice they are available (I get notified but have to download manually).

Same goes for adobe and java.

Otherwise, hardware drivers and such are rarely if ever updated as any gaming I do is usually old games and they aren't being optimized for.

Of the selections, I voted "after major system updates"

Edited by ivangela

I always try to update my graphics drivers because they seem so prone to crashing that I always hope that the next release will be the stable one. Also to make sure it has the proper optimizations for what games I'm playing.

I used to do it anytime a new one was ready. But my card is a generation old and there's pretty much no optimizations for my card anymore (560 ti), so I'm sticking with the one I have now, which is stable and produces the frame rate I need.