A friend gave me a Acer Veriton VT6800-50188 computer. This will make a great web browser for the wife. It had a bad power supply but that was an easy fix because I had a few new ones laying around. I bought new memory for it (G.Skill dual channel) 2 one gig sticks. The mother board is an Acer MS-7284 ver. 1.2....I have tried for over 2 hours tonight to find a users manual for it with no luck at all. The one place that I did find wanted me to take a survey..no thanks to that. It has 4 memory sockets, 2 blue and 2 black. I have one stick in each of the blue sockets and am not sure if it is running in dual channel or not. There is a blue socket closest to the CPU and a black socket next to it. Then another blue socket and black socket. Would I be correct in assuming that one channel is blue and one black? That would mean that I have to have one stick in a blue and one stick in a black to run in dual channel. Darn, I wish I could have found a manual so I would not have to ask this silly question. Any help will be much appreciated..  

Vast majority of the time the dual channel slots are going to be the same color. So having both RAM sticks in the blue slots would be best. The motherboard may also have them labeled like A1, A2, B1, B2, or some such.

CPU-Z is a great tool to check if the RAM is running in dual channel. Download it, run it, click on the Memory tab, and the top right corner should have a box with "Channel #" in front. If it says "Dual" then you're good to go.

If the PC is having same modules in those slots, it should be running in dual channel mode.

As told by bp9801 already, download CPU-Z and see the memory tab to check whether it is running in dual channel or not.

The users manual for the PC is available at the Acer support website downloads section then enter info into Product Category. The two previous members posts are spot on. Max memory frequency DDR2 533mhz, any memory sticks installed with higher frequency will work but will be stepped down to 533mhz. The mobo must have 128mb video ram to run YouTube right, with OpenGL 2.0. There are some tweaks around to enhance video acceleration drivers.

Try black/black first if it doesn't boot or show dual-channel enabled, switch to blue/blue. Dimm slots are labeled 0,1,2,3 to show which dimm slot to start with when using 1 memory stick, and to allow different sized mb sticks. The two different color slots are for using two exact size memory sticks to enable enhanced dual-channel speeds. Hope that helps!

Thanks all for your help. Will download CPU-Z tonight and let you know the results.

p.s. Thank you Ray Mark. I did find the users manual at the Acer web site. Should have tried there first..

Edited by ronbo191