CPU upgrade (AM3+)

most video games will not max out your 4GB

your video card memory will cause issues much sooner, that is why newer cards have 2GB as we move into higher gaming resolutions
i think you should get more RAM but not for this purpose of FPS in gaming

getting FASTER ram will help a tiny bit

upgrading the CPU to an intel offering will make a noticeable bump in difference

if you are running  a STOCK clock 955, you need to overclock that asap

I am an AMD fan but the FX series is just a 1/2 step above a phenom II, they really should not have used the term FX, now it's just a marketing gimmick

now back on topic

exactly what are you displeased about?

just so you know, the reason your bio shock infinite causes FPS dips on ultra settings is because of PhysX and ambient occlusion

the game says its made for AMD but that's hogwash, it will probably run better with nvidia for these two reasons

a new CPU might help bioshock infinite alot though, I can only take a guess since the physx package is most likely offloaded to CPU use as it is a propriertary install included with the game.

anyway, here is something neat to read about what AMD is doing with bioshock infinite

you may just need to go crossfire, lol, because these settings will eat your FPS like cookie monster in a bakery

so dont' waste your money on a CPU, if you are looking to run on ultra settings you need a second GPU

(probably you should upgrade the CPU in the next year though)

Edited by potatochobit

I'm not having a problem with Bioshock Infinite :), I would probably never switch to Intel anytime soon unless AMD fails (doubt it). Was never a fan with intel and their obsurd prices (2010, when I was choosing a CPU for my Comp). FX 8350 is awesome, having no troubles with it and plus my GPU is fine (lol just got it like 2 months ago.), I can basically play everygame maxed out @ 1080p above 30 fps. So far no regrets :)

The 8350 is proving a great processor at its price. Performs between I5 and I7. Enjoy!

Vague comment. You can't classify anything that much randomly.

Edited by d6bmg

The 8350 is proving a great processor at its price. Performs between I5 and I7. Enjoy!

Vague comment. You can't classify anything that much randomly.

Well, his comment may be vauge but from gaming benchmarks I've seen the 8350 beat the i5 3570k by a bit (check out tek syndicates gaming review on youtube about the 8350), I know from benchmarks that the 8350 dominates the i5 3570k in rendering :D (search the web). To bad the 8350's Per core performance ain't the best :/ but still a great value chip IMO.

While the 8350 is a great chip I would look at the 8320 or even the 6350. These can overclock with and stay close to the 8350 for performance and save a little money.

While the 8350 is a great chip I would look at the 8320 or even the 6350. These can overclock with and stay close to the 8350 for performance and save a little money.

I reckon I could get 4.5GHz on an antec kuhler 920? (I don't have a kuhler 920 but I'm leaning towards it)