Sign in to follow this  
winterlord

should i be worried about this cpu dieing on me? temp sensors off

wondering if I should be worried about this cpu a core i7 920 in a Intel DX58OG motherboard dieing on me. iv had this processor and been overclocking it since it first came out, never exeading the core i7 920 overclocking guides voltages but have ran it hot hot hot at times over the years. look at the picture below and maybe there a better program for this but speed temp reported the same the sensors are obviously malfunctioned because I just just re-installed windows and same results. actualy the "SYSTIN" temp was 92(and stayed therew solid so was belivable) and stayed solid before I redid pc now it off the chart. and look at the CPUTIN" this is what im concerned with because it started that and I redid the computer and its like faulty has to be 428c? naw so im wonderin what could be makin it read like this.

for refrence the previous board was a gigabyte EX58-DS4

post-64098-0-12324100-1366663549_thumb.png

I would say the sensors are wacky, your core temps are fine and that's what you should be concerned about,  it might not hurt to pull the heatsink and apply new termal paste if you haven't done so in a few years. You would have to pour gas on it and light it on fire to get temps of 400c,lol. :)

CPUIID Hardware Monitor is known for giving wacky reading now and then....nothing to worry about. It showed my FX 6300 at over 2000C once.  :)

Go to gigabytes website and get the software for the board for its hardware monitoring. Some boards are fine with hwmonitor but others not so much.

ok, well I have another question about poowersupplies overclocking and the page file. would having little page file or no page all cause a pc to completely shut off cause it ran out of memory?

even bigger question is how can tel tell if the powersupply is still in good condition or not? mines 3yrs old but but is   warrantied for 5yrs and I really ant be buying a new one unless I absolutely have to

no page memory can crash the computer because it has nothing to use . but shut off no . my experience is basically nothing will open or close until I restart .

RealTemp a good temperature monitoring software. I always use it. The easiest thing would be BIOS temperature monitor. Although you can't see the per core temperature in most of them (if not all), most of the time, they report correctly.