Trying to setup DDNS

I am attempting to setup dynamic DNS so I can host gifs and other junk that I routinely use on tumblr and elsewhere. After wrestling with 3 different hosting services I chose to DIY. But after paying my money to DynDNS, in order to acquire a hostname and so forth . The router  gave me the following:

The last two lines are what confuses me. Abusive what?!

The best make/model information I can give you is this: VIZIO XWR100 Dual-band HD Wireless Internet Router.

Capture.PNG

Update considered abusive means that the frequency in which your device is announcing its WAN IP to DynDNS can get your account temporarily banned. Consider dropping your check frequency to maybe once or twice a week.

You don't have to run DDNS on your router unless you want to.  I've been using DynDns for several years.  At DynDns, assign your external IP address a friendly name from those available at Dyn.  Then in your router set up port forwarding to the appropriate ports for the rig that will be hosting the services.

You can do it either way you want though.

As an example I run a public and private FTP server, Vent server and one game server through my server without DDNS enabled on my router.