I generated my first Bitcoin

El_Capitan

If you are interested in why AMD cards are so much better than nvidia, you might wanna give this article a look. It's from today, so it's up to date :)

@Waco: Nah, I'd do it. You are helping science!  :evilgrin:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Somehow I think using company resources for this might be frowned upon. :lol:

Lol I've always said the same thing....It's probably hastening North Korean weapon research or something :lol:

Well I'm sure I could generate quite a few with the...umm..."fast" machines at work.  I think I value my job over a few bucks in virtual currency though. :lol:

That said, it's interesting as hell.  It's not like our dollar is backed by anything more than our government. :tongue:

Somehow I think using company resources for this might be frowned upon. :lol:

Lol I've always said the same thing....It's probably hastening North Korean weapon research or something :lol:

Well I'm sure I could generate quite a few with the...umm..."fast" machines at work.  I think I value my job over a few bucks in virtual currency though. :lol:

That said, it's interesting as hell.  It's not like our dollar is backed by anything more than our government. :tongue:

So i hear you work at Initech...Would you be so kind as to return my schtapler?

I'm interested since I leave my PC on all the time, so might as well try it out. Same goes to my work computer which I leave on so I can RDP when I'm out.. Might cost a few more on electricity, but might be a good experiment..

In my onion, mining for bitcoins just is not worth the trouble right now. Too much resources is needed to generate only a single coin. You mentioned it takes about 2-4 weeks? And thats depending on the hardware.

It's better to just invest USD but even THAT would be stupid. Anyone investing in bitcoins is just taking a gamble. The currency is just too volatile

If anyyything, try litecoins. At least right now they are pretty cheap (i think like $2 USD). As for mining, I have not looked into it. Someone said its not as taxing and a lot faster. IDK but might be worth checking out. I'm pretty sure people will think to themselves "Too late to invest in bitcoins, i should try this new litcoin thing" And then you'll see prices rise, probably....

just my two cents.

The cheapest way is to just use your work computer to generate bitcoins (since your company is paying the electric bills, and it's most likely their computer), but don't expect to generate much that way.

Seriously dude did you just advocate the "stealing" of your work place resources to generate Bitcoins?

The cheapest way is to just use your work computer to generate bitcoins (since your company is paying the electric bills, and it's most likely their computer), but don't expect to generate much that way.

Seriously dude did you just advocate the "stealing" of your work place resources to generate Bitcoins?

I'm not saying that's what I do, or advocating it, it's just the cheapest way. People do the same with folding. Would it still be considered "stealing" if you're not making money out of it?