quick question for laptop hd

Pteroduck

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it wont fry the drive or anything? im scared cause im plugging it into an actual psu and not a battery :P

No prob, I use laptop hd,s in desktops quite a bit, never had a problem, they run the same volts as a desktop hd.

oh ok thanks man! im just making sure cause i'd hate to have mine die on me just right after buying it :P

why don't you just network your pc,s, that way you can transfer your data without removing any parts at all and it would be much easier to do on a regular basis.

oh ok thanks man! im just making sure cause i'd hate to have mine die on me just right after buying it :P

why don't you just network your pc,s, that way you can transfer your data without removing any parts at all and it would be much easier to do on a regular basis.

Yeah but if it's a big backup...the extra minute or so to remove and install the drive into his desktop will be far more welcome then the MANY extra minutes of transfer time over the network instead of SATA/USB

i tried it, its soooo slow....

oh when i plug it in, i want to take a system image of only that drive. not my whole drive, any ideas? its basically so i have a restore point

you should use a image backup program, I use macrium reflect, mainly because it's free and it works well.

Yeah but if it's a big backup...the extra minute or so to remove and install the drive into his desktop will be far more welcome then the MANY extra minutes of transfer time over the network instead of SATA/USB
Gigabit Ethernet is faster than 99.9% of all laptop hard drives.

Do it over a (wired) network.