Quiet/Effective CPU Cooling Fan

Narcotic

I've got an AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz AM3 CPU, and an ASRock 990FX Extreme3 Mobo.

Now that that's out of the way;

The stock fan for the CPU above is extremely noisy, and from what I read, it's not a good fan to Overclock with.  I'd like some suggestions for a fan that is fairly quiet and effective enough to overclock if I desire (Effectiveness > Noise).

Thanks,

Narcotic

+2  the EVO is hard to beat for the price.

I like the looks of the TPC-812 more, and it cools a tad better, but is a tad louder too, not to mention twice as much $$$.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103176

this is a nice list with temps and noise: http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=2713&page=4

Any tower-type cooler that has a few copper heatpipes and a 120mm fan will run circles around the stock OEM cooler in both thermal performance and noise. You can get one starting around 25$ and when the fan gets noisy you can just swap it. 

Just my two cents. :)

What case are you using? Height from top of  CPU on mounted motherboard to case side determines possible height of heatsink assembly. RAM height can also matter (heat spreader height).

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the long time to reply, was out of town for work!  

Well, budget it's too big of a deal for me (wouldn't go over $200, but that's way more than any CPU sink/fan that I'm aware of).

But the votes, are in and I'll give the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo may be the winner.

Any last shots, maybe up to $100? 

I noticed the Hyper 212 Evo that everyone mentioned above is only ~$40 or a bit less, so that sounds like a steal determined by the ratings of it.

I typically shop at Newegg for PC hardware.

EDIT: Also, I doubt the spacing in my tower will be an issue, I have the Thermaltake Chaser MK-I and it's quite spacey.

Edited by Narcotic