Need help with my toshiba pos

I have attached Blue screen view files I believe its my atheros wifi stuff causing this but I have the latest driver I can find for it. 9 minutes 3 BSOD's and this toshitba is about ready to be introduced to my new Taurus PT709.

4-8-13 10-09pm.txt

4-8-13 10-13pm.txt

4-8-13 10-18pm.txt

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toshitba drives are shit but I doubt its the drive. (although you might wan't to regularly diagnose your hdd lol)

Bishop can you get a list of all running processes at the time of crash for all three dumps? i think bluescreenview can get them if you don't already have a tool for it. I'm suspecting a random process is conflicting with the atheros driver and causing the crash.

If not, try an older driver. The latest is not always the greatest etc..

[edit]

RE: process/driver conflict

Its fairly common with Kaspersky products, you wouldn't be using KIS by any chance would you?

Nope running MSE. would have responded last night but this POS crashed again and I gave up and went to bed.

I am also not sure to to bring up a list of processes from when the crashes happened.

Revert back to older driver for your wifi card. If nothing works, then HDD - it must be HDD. Their HDDs are :sick:

Again their HDDs are poo but I'm almost certain thats not the problem.

Bishop you can get a list of processes with bluescreenview

fresh recovery is a good idea but if he accidentally installs the same driver then its back to square one..

if you can why don't you remove the wifi module and uninstall the drivers and run the laptop for a bit , if you get no bluescreens , its your wifi or drivers- just to confirm if it is wifi related. if it doesn't blusescreen then you know. if it does bluescreen boot in safe mode and run for a bit , if its all good boot into windows and run driver verifier  with Verifier.exe from the run command . hope this helps

link for how to use verifier http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244617

Edited by davemonkey

I got a toshiba. Once I got BSOD while moving it.. it wasnt always. Let's say it happened 5 times in 4 years+ .. that is not bad.

But the mother..... runs hot sometimes jeje, but I like is a good laptop.

Once I had some problems with wifi. Turning off 1 time like 10 minutes after system startup but it never happened again.

Edited by Fragsman

• 3 weeks later...

Well I used verifier and have no unsigned drivers, also shut down onboard wifi and started using a netgear usb wifi adapter. I have a new hdd, but I can't seem to make my cd key work with any iso or disk I try. I now believe using the Microsoft anytime upgrade was a bad idea. I have also run into the cd key problem with Office 2010 on a comp at work. both were taken care of through the M$ store. and somehow my original account got fubared so I can't access my original upgrade link for my win7 pro install on this pile of poo toshiba.

I'd still make an image/backup of your drive and then try another one to be sure... (maybe image the exact install onto another drive so you will KNOW if it's software or hardware then if the problems continue you could fresh install without fear of losing anything)