My Monitor's AC adapter got fried. Got a question.

NuComer

Sup guys,

We had a power surge in my house the other day and the only thing that got fried was my monitor's AC adapter, I know this because I connected my laptop's AC adapter to check the monitor itself and everything was OK.

My question is, would using a higher power AC adapter on my monitor bring problems later on?, laptop's output is 3.95A while the monitor's is 2.1A.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks!

I don't see any reason that the power board in your monitor would have any issues with that.  However, you can get a replacement AC adapter for less that $10, so doesn't it make sense to be safe rather than sorry?

I don't see any reason that the power board in your monitor would have any issues with that.  However, you can get a replacement AC adapter for less that $10, so doesn't it make sense to be safe rather than sorry?

That's the thing. I can't get the exact Asus AC adapter in my country, I'm planning on buying a laptop AC adapter that comes as close as possible to factory specs on the Asus, just wanted to make sure I could go a couple of Amps above without frying my monitor.

Thanks for the help!.

I'll conclude the thread just in case anyone lands here by googling.

I've been using my laptop's AC adapter for a couple of days now and everything is running like default.

Thanks for everything guys!.