Humble Weekly Sales

Guest_Jim_*

So the Origin bundle has already broken 500,000 sales and I wouldn't be surprised if it broke $2.5 million before the twelve hour mark. The current best-selling bundles are the THQ bundle at $5,098,641 and 885,370 sales, with the Humble Indie Bundle V at $5,108,725 and 599,004 sales. It may not be DRM-free or multi-platform, but it looks like this is going to be one of the best-selling bundles, and not a penny is going back to EA.

Should be interesting if they add games at the midpoint. I'm thinking we'll see Dead Space 2 added then, but I hope we'll also see an RPG like something from the Mass Effect or Dragon Age franchises added too.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather it be Dead Space 2 that's added, since it doesn't make sense to have the first and third games without the second. Be kind of nice for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning to get added on, especially since more people would get to experience it that way.

I was thinking DS2 and Crysis 1 are the safe bets, but Amalur would be amazing!

I can see maybe DAO or DA2 with Inquisition on the horizon, but I doubt it'll be an ME game.

Dream Add: SimCity ... that'd make up for the always-on debacle!

I was thinking DS2 and Crysis 1 are the safe bets, but Amalur would be amazing!

I can see maybe DAO or DA2 with Inquisition on the horizon, but I doubt it'll be an ME game.

Dream Add: SimCity ... that'd make up for the always-on debacle!

The dream would be adding SimCity and patching it to remove some of the DRM, such as adding an offline mode, at the same time. That would be the dream and, almost without a doubt, it would generate some of the best PR EA has ever had.

Only way I could see Mass Effect would be if the Mass Effect Trilogy was added. $40 for all three games and most of the DLC, so that'd be a possibility.

Otherwise, yeah, Dead Space 2, maybe Crysis 1, and (my guess) Amalur.

Well, SimCity is already under consideration for an offline mode, but nothing definitive has been said. Maybe the Humble Bundle is a surprise way to be like, "Here's SimCity. We added an offline mode and are making it available as part of the Humble Origin Bundle."

I honestly wish I could have selected to give my money to EA. I always select "all to developers" for every bundle - this is the first I couldn't :(. Nothing against charities.

I know what you mean. I always weight it heavily for charities, but still make sure the developers get some because it is their work I am getting and I appreciate that. But then this is EA and the newest of the games is two years old, so they've almost certainly made back development costs for each game by now.

Also, if it were possible to give some to them, I'm confident we would be seeing numerous posts in multiple places proudly stating that someone made sure EA got nothing from them. That's negative press nobody needs, but avoiding it like this gives a nice, positive spin to the whole thing. Now we've just got the troll-comments about it not being DRM-free and multi-platform, like we saw with the Deepsilver and THQ bundles before.

I honestly wish I could have selected to give my money to EA. I always select "all to developers" for every bundle - this is the first I couldn't :(. Nothing against charities.

I know what you mean. I always weight it heavily for charities, but still make sure the developers get some because it is their work I am getting and I appreciate that. But then this is EA and the newest of the games is two years old, so they've almost certainly made back development costs for each game by now.

Also, if it were possible to give some to them, I'm confident we would be seeing numerous posts in multiple places proudly stating that someone made sure EA got nothing from them. That's negative press nobody needs, but avoiding it like this gives a nice, positive spin to the whole thing. Now we've just got the troll-comments about it not being DRM-free and multi-platform like the Deepsilver and THQ bundles before.

Some of the first comments I saw on some steam bundle groups and IGN were along the lines of "I'm not giving EA anything!" ...probably because those idiots never learned how to read.

Uhhh, the Deep Silver Bundle was Windows and Steam only. As was THQ.

Sims 3 is available on Mac too, but it's the only game in the Origin Bundle that is.

Could have worded it better, so I just did. I meant that we were getting the troll-comments about them not being DRM-free and multi-platform for the DeepSilver and THQ bundles as well.

Also, the Origin bundle has broken $2.6 million before the eight hour mark.