single 5770 works better than xfire 5770

acpowell

Have you tried without the bridge at all?  While it isn't "supported" it generally works fairly well (though it's a bit slower than using the bridge).  It'll at least take that out of the equation.

Crossfire with out the bridge?  well I supose I can try, I didn't think it would work. 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

okay when I removed the bridge it will allow me to do crossfire.  Is there somthing I missed or does it just not work with my setup?

okay wait, it seems like the FPS is way higher than I remember but then again I am looked at this thing a millon times today... hmm do you remove the bridge when the machine is powered on or off?  I removed it while the machine was powered off.

Edited by acpowell

okay when I removed the bridge it will allow me to do crossfire.  Is there somthing I missed or does it just not work with my setup?

okay wait, it seems like the FPS is way higher than I remember but then again I am looked at this thing a millon times today... hmm do you remove the bridge when the machine is powered on or off?  I removed it while the machine was powered off.

Definitely off.

Do you have another Crossfire bridge you could try out?

Definitely with it powered off.

You'll lose some performance running without it but it'll still be better than a single card for well-supported games.  Just get one eventually. :P

so I have been doing some reading today in the forums for the game I am trying to play and it appears that it doesn't yet support crossfire/sli.  I am still going to get a new bridge just to make sure that is not the issue, but it seems like I am fighting a problem that really doesn't exist.

Is there any software short of 3DMARK that would let me know crossfire is working properly?

Any popular game from the past few years should give you an idea.

What's wrong with testing with 3DMark though?

Oh I dono, just a pain to download and reinstall since I just uninstalled it last night. lol... when I was messing with it, I did get positive results, so I think I might be experiencing issues related to the game its self not the cards.