Are you getting StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm?

neddamttocs

30 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting StarCraft II: HoS?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Hello this week on OCC Poll we would like to know if you are getting StarCraft II: Heart of The Swarm?

Let Us Know!

I preordered mine back in Nov. I had some old wii games that i didnt play anymore. Took them into EB games at got $70 bucks for them all. So i ordered it right there on the spot.

Now i just need to go pick it up.

Nope, still have to play wings of liberty and for me to do that it needs to come down to a price fitting of a 3 year old game. It's overpriced for its age and the fact I don't NEED to play it yet.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

alright so i was going to vote no because i sworn off starcraft after paying $60 at launch (2 years ago) for a very lame game. I recently downloaded it again with the newest patch and it actually feels like a starcraft game. some of my old tricks from SC1 still worked (they musta patched it back in). I picked up Swarm expansion and its great, the new units alone makes the game feel fresh and very well balanced even if protoss kinda win everytime once they get air.

I suggest anyone who likes Starcraft 1 get no.2 now and for the people like me who found it to be a rip off orignally. To reinstll and grab the newest expansion! it was $30 @newegg not to long ago.

wings of liberty is $20 right now, Im not sure they they are going to bring it back up to $40 or leave it. But for $20 its a great game.

Edited by hornybluecow

wings of liberty is $20 right now, Im not sure they they are going to bring it back up to $40 or leave it. But for $20 its a great game.

Idk....it SHOULD be $20 at the absolute most now (no sale) and like <$10-$15 on sale. Other games from that era like DOW2 and SupCom 2 can be found for cheaper than $20 with no sale (new too)... I know it's a good game but I can't buy it on the very principle of the continued overpricing.

Idk....it SHOULD be $20 at the absolute most now (no sale) and like  

And neither of those games have the community and support SC2 does. Anyone buying DoW2 or SupCom2 now is essentially doing so for the single-player only, whereas SC2's multiplayer community, both the pure game and the custom maps/mods, are thriving. As such, I'm surprised they even dropped it to $20, because for what you get, they could have easily kept it at $40 and it would still beat any other RTS currently on the market (until maybe CoH2).

Idk....it SHOULD be $20 at the absolute most now (no sale) and like <$10-$15 on sale. Other games from that era like DOW2 and SupCom 2 can be found for cheaper than $20 with no sale (new too)... I know it's a good game but I can't buy it on the very principle of the continued overpricing.

And neither of those games have the community and support SC2 does. Anyone buying DoW2 or SupCom2 now is essentially doing so for the single-player only, whereas SC2's multiplayer community, both the pure game and the custom maps/mods, are thriving. As such, I'm surprised they even dropped it to $20, because for what you get, they could have easily kept it at $40 and it would still beat any other RTS currently on the market (until maybe CoH2).
Yeah but me personally, I'll only play single player campaign or personal skirmish myself so the extra money I'm paying out would benefit me none as I'd not be acknowledging that extra bit of content to its fullest. I understand what you're saying and I can agree to a point but the game *itself* is still that old. (not to mention...wouldn't the custom maps/modes exist as a result of the players' efforts themselves who won't get any cut of the never lowering price; aka why am I not paying those who are *actually* responsible for the added content/replay value). Halflife 1 and its mods had a huge community and it still had a very affordable price of admission. That's all I ask from SC2, I know it's a good game and if I was ready to play it right this second, the $20 would likely be justifiable but any any cent more than that is too high for an impulse buy of a 3 year old RTS. That's just all IMHO though.

Idk....it SHOULD be $20 at the absolute most now (no sale) and like And neither of those games have the community and support SC2 does. Anyone buying DoW2 or SupCom2 now is essentially doing so for the single-player only, whereas SC2's multiplayer community, both the pure game and the custom maps/mods, are thriving. As such, I'm surprised they even dropped it to $20, because for what you get, they could have easily kept it at $40 and it would still beat any other RTS currently on the market (until maybe CoH2).
Yeah but me personally, I'll only play single player campaign or personal skirmish myself so the extra money I'm paying out would benefit me none as I'd not be acknowledging that extra bit of content to its fullest. I understand what you're saying and I can agree to a point but the game *itself* is still that old. (not to mention...wouldn't the custom maps/modes exist as a result of the players' efforts themselves who won't get any cut of the never lowering price; aka why am I not paying those who are *actually* responsible for the added content/replay value). Halflife 1 and its mods had a huge community and it still had a very affordable price of admission. That's all I ask from SC2, I know it's a good game and if I was ready to play it right this second, the $20 would likely be justifiable but any any cent more than that is too high for an impulse buy of a 3 year old RTS. That's just all IMHO though.

I understand your stance (and I'm actually the same way with RTSs - I play mostly single-player and usually don't even touch MP), but I'm just trying to explain why pricing is not treated the same as the other titles you mentioned. I don't play the "real" MP, only custom maps with a couple friends when we get together, but I still understand that SC2 MP is hugely popular (not to mention an eSport). That being said, as a single-player experience, SC2 actually has a ton of content.

Just so you know, there is a free Starter Edition which actually does allow you to play some select custom games, but I never really looked into which ones since it doesn't affect me.