First OC :P (need a bit help)

regalis

Yes, you can use the OEM media to reformat your drive, but then you still have the issue of being able to register a legit copy of Windows, regardless of where you get the installation media.  You can also use many other 3rd party utilities to format your hard drive, if that is all you are really trying to do.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok thanks and yes i am just trying to format my hdd

Just load the disk from your dad's pc into yours , boot it up off the disk and before it installs windows do a quick format and it will wipe the hd, then you can install any os you want and load your new mb drivers, better off to dl the new ones from the msi site and save them to a usb flash drive and load them from that. :)

Oh well im just gonna get a new and fresh windows 7 :) oh and about that memory module timings and voltage i think i found them.

There is a sticker on the module that says: 1.65v (i guess that's the voltage) and also 9905403-439.A00LF (dont know what that is) and under that a metric butt ton of numbers (dont what those are either) and also KHX1600C9D3K2/8G(and dont those either)

Good idea on picking up a fresh and legit copy of Windows.  Nothing worse than taking a chance going the other route.  Nothing more discouraging than getting everything loaded up and then have Microsoft start giving you black screens and reduced functionality when they suspect you are using an illegal copy.

1.65V - this is the rated voltage spec for the memory

According to the Kingston data sheet;

KHX1600C9D3K2/8G = DDR3 1600Mhz with timings of 9-9-9-27

eTailer was probably just stating the JEDEC spec for the memory.  Just looking at the PN tells you a few things;

KHX1600C9D3K2/8G

K=Kingston

HX = HyperX

1600 = 1600Mhz

9 = CAS latency