Saints Row IV coming August 23!

DanTheGamer11

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

voted. some really cool things there. some really meh things too.

didn't enjoy SRTT nearly as much as 2 or 1. unfortunately this looks like more of the former and less of the latter.

voted. some really cool things there. some really meh things too.

didn't enjoy SRTT nearly as much as 2 or 1. unfortunately this looks like more of the former and less of the latter.

Considering at least parts of it are from a planned DLC for SR3, that is not unexpected.

Here's a twist at least I wasn't expecting: Enter the Dominatrix not done yet, returns as Saints Row 4 DLC.

The cancelled DLC that became the basis of the SR4 story is being pushed back again to be Director's Cut DLC for the next game.

It does say that the 2 were being worked on concurrently / separately but my mind boggles as how can you push back content to form DLC for a game you only just announced 7 days ago.

with that news I've learnt my lesson with SR3. now I'm officially waiting for the complete/GOTY/full package next year.

destructoid had a little more info

It was around July last year when Volition decided Enter the Dominatrix wasn't happening. Jason Rubin who came on board as THQ's President talked with the studio, and everyone came to the conclusion that it made more sense to combine the two games as there wasn't going to be enough time to fully element and polish all the features Dominatrix was going to have. This also meant the whole studio would be focused on working on the one game instead of dividing their efforts..

So what of Enter the Dominatrix is in Saints Row IV? "Very little," according to creative director Steve Jaros. "We had to go and totally gut the story. The story stuff for Enter the Dominatrix was all totally thrown out. All the voice recordings that we did for it all thrown out, we redid the entire story -- the game is the full length of, mission-wise, is the same length as Saints Row 3.

"Plus we added a bunch of other open-world [stuff] on top of it. Enter the Dominatrix had super powers, [and] beyond that there's only a few moments that we really pulled [into Saints Row IV]. And what we did bring in we blew it out so much more."

Edited by bilcliff

It does say that the 2 were being worked on concurrently / separately but my mind boggles as how can you push back content to form DLC for a game you only just announced 7 days ago.

with that news I've learnt my lesson with SR3. now I'm officially waiting for the complete/GOTY/full package next year.

destructoid had a little more info

It was around July last year when Volition decided Enter the Dominatrix wasn't happening. Jason Rubin who came on board as THQ's President talked with the studio, and everyone came to the conclusion that it made more sense to combine the two games as there wasn't going to be enough time to fully element and polish all the features Dominatrix was going to have. This also meant the whole studio would be focused on working on the one game instead of dividing their efforts..

So what of Enter the Dominatrix is in Saints Row IV? "Very little," according to creative director Steve Jaros. "We had to go and totally gut the story. The story stuff for Enter the Dominatrix was all totally thrown out. All the voice recordings that we did for it all thrown out, we redid the entire story -- the game is the full length of, mission-wise, is the same length as Saints Row 3.

"Plus we added a bunch of other open-world [stuff] on top of it. Enter the Dominatrix had super powers, [and] beyond that there's only a few moments that we really pulled [into Saints Row IV]. And what we did bring in we blew it out so much more."

While I ill admit I paid more than if I had waited for the complete package, I do not regret spending as much as I did on SR3. (I think I got the base game for $25 and then the season pass at $20.) I enjoyed it a great deal. Only complaint is the inability to replay story missions, otherwise it was pure awesome.

While I ill admit I paid more than if I had waited for the complete package, I do not regret spending as much as I did on SR3. (I think I got the base game for $25 and then the season pass at $20.) I enjoyed it a great deal. Only complaint is the inability to replay story missions, otherwise it was pure awesome.

i preordered 3 and then bough the season pass when it was 75% off in a steam sale.

seems like they haven't learned their lesson when it comes to the piecemeal DLC

"We plan on having a very robust DLC plan for Saints Row IV, just like we did with 3," senior producer Jim Boone told me during a Q&A. "We haven't put an exact number on it, in fact it's frankly it's something we're still working on with Deep Silver. We had it all planned out with THQ, and we want to make sure [whether] the same drops make sense, the same timing and all that kind of stuff so we're still kind of in a finalizing sort of mode. But it's very comparable, at least our planning right now, is very comparable."As for the DLC, it'll be along the same lines as The Thirds where it was a mix of new story content, plus weapon and clothing packs.

Source: Destructoid: Saints Row IV will have a very robust dlc plan

Edited by bilcliff

Some people don't mind the micro-content/transaction DLC. I don't have any interest in it but if it makes them money, I'm not going to complain that someone else spent $2 for a shark gun. I do hope they keep the unlockable invincibility stuff though. That was just so much fun and actually felt rewarding for putting so much time into the game.