Best PPD/$$ GPU

Low end Fermi comparable to the price range you are in are the GTS 450 followed by the GTX 460/560.

Again, the GTS 450 does fold better than a GT 640 but at closing in on 2x the power consumption. The GTX 460/560 use 2x Pci-E 6-pins and use a great deal more power than a GT 640.

The GTX 650 will fold better than a GTS 450 but the GTX 460/560 fold better than even the GTX 650Ti. Again, pick your poison carefully because any of the Fermi based cards will use more power, run hotter and require more cables dangling around inside your case but if you are already using a GTX 260 this may not be an issue for you.

After surfing around, it looks like even a GT 640 will net you higher PPD than your GTX 260 while using a tiny fraction of the power so if you want to kill 2 birds with one stone, I enforce my opinion about going with the GT 640.

Hum. By that reasoning i think a 650 fits the bill. I want to take some time this weekend, if i get the money..., and do a side by side in excel with them all. See what i find.

Thanks Drdeath, but that first chart mean zero. One i don't understand quite how it is ranking them, percent of what? and 2 that is likely gamig performance, not folding. The second chart however is useful.

Has there been a client for AMD that makes use of DirectCompute? I mean has there really been a folding client properly optimized for AMD to see what it can really do?

Has there been a client for AMD that makes use of DirectCompute? I mean has there really been a folding client properly optimized for AMD to see what it can really do?

Don't think so, i believe the client is based on cuda, so that kinda rules AMD out from the git-go.