Choosing the right LGA1155 Z77 board

Okay first, these things are actually easy to find with a quick search. Take a little time and search, this stuff is useful to have. This time I went ahead and did the search for you...

http://www.ami.com/support/doc/AMI_Aptio_4.x_Status_Codes_PUB.pdf

That is the PDF to the MSI LED Codes... Code 23 appears to be a memory error. However based on what you have said here I think it is more likely that the LED is set to show the CPU temp once the system is up and running. Run a serious CPU test and see if the LED readout changes with the CPU heating up.

Hey,

Actually I found that exact same pdf file (should have said so) but I wasn't able to find codes in the 20 range so I posted here. Also, like you said that could be CPU temperature. It crossed my mind but I didn't think that it would actually be the default state after boot up is successful.

thx.

does anyone know what the code 23 stands for on the gd65 debug led? Everything seems to be working fine so far. I'm setting up my OS at the moment, but the LED is sitting at 23, and sometimes it will casually jump to 27-25, but mostly 23. It's not in the table provided in the manual.

Other than that, everything seems to be running nice. The noctua barely fit in my case. In fact I had to saw off one of the side panel fan clamps in order to close it. Thats okay since I never intend to use side fans for my builds anyway. Core temps are idling at 19-23C with the standard fan speed. Very quiet.

Always look at the manual that came with the motherboard. Those codes are explained there..

If you can't Google is your friend. ;)