Best Build For The Money

Capo

Hi All,

What parts do you all recommend for the best $900~ gaming rig? I will need the following parts, the rest I have:

CPU

Motherboard

Ram

Video Card

PSU

Hard drive

The case I will be using is large and should be able to fit most components.

Thanks!

I'd go for something along the lines of:

Intel Core i5 3570K

Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H

Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3

Radeon HD 7850

Corsair CX500

OCZ Vertex 4 128GB

Seagate 2TB 7200RPM Drive

It should be good for gaming at 1080p with almost everything on high in most games. If you wanted seamless gaming, you might want to go with a HD7870 instead of the SSD, at the sacrifice of loading times. In all, if you're not going for all-out gaming performance, I'd say you would be happy with that build.

My recommendations:

Intel i5 3570K + G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB (2x4GB) 1600 Combo - $270.98

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 - $124.99

Sapphire HD7870 GHz Ed - $219.99 ($204.99 after $15 MIR)

Seagate Barracuda 2TB $104.99

OCZ Vertex4 128GB - $109.99

Antec EarthWatts Green 650W - $79.99

Total: ~$911 ($896 after MIR)

At this point, you should also invest in some good CPU coolers. You're buying an Unlocked SKU and a capable Motherboard after all, kinda wasted if you don't overclock your CPU sometime in the future. Something like this or this should prep you nicely (I prefer the later)

:cheers:

Just a quick run through Newegg.

Intel i5-3470

MSI Z77A-G41

Corsair XMS3 8Gig (2x4) 1600

Sapphire 7870

Seasonic S12II 620W

Intel 335 Series 240GB SSD

Total cost: $842

You have a little bit of wiggle room in your budget to bump things here or there to a different brand but overall this is will give you the most efficient use of your money for a great gaming experience. Since you have a large case with good air flow you can overclock the 3470 to 3.9GHz if you need a speed bump but the stock speed will give plenty of gaming performance. The SSD will make the whole system feel faster and while 240 Gig might not sound like muchy it is plenty of space if you are not hoarding games. Will hold the OS 5 or 6 large games and still have room left over easy.