is this a fairly good motherboard?

As the saying goes "You get what you pay for " . I have used a couple of diffrent Asrock boards my self and they both had problems lasting more than a year. If you cant afford anything else they are fine but like a poster above said ,I would buy something else a little higher on the food chain.

Right but the problem is that the mobo is reporting the wrong voltages.

Never trust any voltage reading from software. Boom, problem solved. OC'ing without a DMM is like playing Russian roulette.

Agree with Waco..

I personally don't see it as what the guy in the video makes it look to be. Yes the voltage spikes, but its still acceptable in my books (since the board was not meant for intense overclocking sessions to begin with) I honestly haven't seen any board out there doing near perfect (flawless, no spike whatsoever) in terms of LLC settings.

What matters would be the real voltage, not the difference between what the software reports and what the DMM reports.

Was in the local Microcenter the other day, when I go in I like to play dumb and see what they say. Got to talking to them about the various ITX boards they have and was interested in the ASRock models. Two of the guys at the store had just recently been building ITX systems and used the board and both reported it failed within about 30 days of use. The third guy told me that when he sees a motherboard returned as defected 7 times out of 10 it will be an ASRock. The guy who was selling me the board actually directed me to a LOWER cost board due to it being better quality in their experience.

Personally not had any experience with the boards but when three guys at a store that has commission sales suggest a less expensive model due to quality it makes you wonder.

I can respect that Ed, but go to ResellerRatings.com and check out the customer reviews of Microcenter......................  they are terrible.  Does that mean that MC is a horrible company???  I don't know, but the point I'm making is that I'd be suspicious of anything their sales associates were telling me.  And lower cost does not mean lower margin.  And, if the sales associates are being paid on a commission basis it's on margin, not the retail price of the board.  

Moving on to Sin0822 @ OC.Net, I enjoy a lot of stuff that he reviews and writes about, but he is a Gigabyte fanboy.  So any thoughts, musings or writings he does on any other brand motherboard have to be measured against his bias for GB.

As for ASRock - there have to be compromises somewhere for them to bring strong feature sets to market at such aggressive pricing.  At some point there isn't any room to cut and still be able to make a profit.  So you go into the purchase of an ASRock motherboard knowing that you are getting potentially a lot of value, or a lot of trouble for the lower price tag.  You have the choice.  

Would anything I've read over at OC.Net influence me not to buy an ASRock motherboard?  Heck no.  I'm more interested in what the knuckle heads at Newegg have to say than the knuckleheads at OC.Net.  So what if the voltage spikes............ guess what, every motherboard on the planet has cpu vcore spikes.  Some spike high, some spike low, and in fact Intel / AMD even have specs. for those spikes.  And do you think LLC would even be a BIOS option if it weren't needed.

And frankly I find it amusing that anyone running their IB processor with a static vcore of 1.475 to 1.50v freaks out over an LLC value of 1.56 or whatever it was.  And notice that these extreme voltage overshoots happened more severely when stressing the processor under the most strenuous conditons (i.e. light load = not bad, Prime = worse, IBT = worst).

The weakness is its asrock lol. If you can't buy anything else than its better than a. Few other low end brands but I would save a few more $$ and buy something that won't make you want to bash your head against the wall.

Agreed. Ive had the worst luck with anything ASRock.

Grab a Gigabyte/Asus board instead. You'll thank later.

Right but the problem is that the mobo is reporting the wrong voltages.

Never trust any voltage reading from software. Boom, problem solved. OC'ing without a DMM is like playing Russian roulette.

Good point. I monitor Voltages Via ROG Connect through my laptop thats connected on a pure hardware level to my Board