is this a fairly good motherboard?

The Asrock Z77 Extreme4 is often recommended, particularly feature rich for the price.  Good overclocker.

The one weakness is the "thinness" of the motherboard.  Care should be taken with mounting and plug ins.

The weakness is its asrock lol. If you can't buy anything else than its better than a. Few other low end brands but I would save a few more $$ and buy something that won't make you want to bash your head against the wall.

• Like 1

My time using asrock was iffy , granted the board still works after being put in about 5 computers now. The issue is asrock memory support is poor and even good brands won't run and the overclocking features might be in the bios but it doesn't mean it will go very high . I suggest you read reviews about that board and read about asrock track record and than you can decide if saving $20-40 is worth it .

ouch, i knew ASSrock wasnt such a good brand but this says everything :S

i changed my mind after reading these articels, travism21, look for a different board and i think you will be better off getting an asus or gigabyte board

Uh, what? AsRock makes phenomenal mobos, ASRock and Biostar are the mobos I've had the best experiences with. Foxconn I've had the worst experience. And MSI and ASUS have been solid boards.

Was in the local Microcenter the other day, when I go in I like to play dumb and see what they say. Got to talking to them about the various ITX boards they have and was interested in the ASRock models. Two of the guys at the store had just recently been building ITX systems and used the board and both reported it failed within about 30 days of use. The third guy told me that when he sees a motherboard returned as defected 7 times out of 10 it will be an ASRock. The guy who was selling me the board actually directed me to a LOWER cost board due to it being better quality in their experience.

Personally not had any experience with the boards but when three guys at a store that has commission sales suggest a less expensive model due to quality it makes you wonder.

ouch, i knew ASSrock wasnt such a good brand but this says everything :S

i changed my mind after reading these articels, travism21, look for a different board and i think you will be better off getting an asus or gigabyte board

I don't see anything drastically wrong with either link...with LLC you can easily have much higher voltages than set in the BIOS under load. My Gigabyte boards all do this as well if you actually measure the voltage under load.

IE: 1.45 volts with a high LLC setting will get you roughly 1.54-1.55 volts under load.